Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I CAN'T DO IT!!

juicebox360

Hmm well I have followed every single port forwarding tut on this site and beyond. Currently, I have port 4000 open when I check it on [canyouseeme.org](http://canyouseeme.org) with my public IP Address but my server has my private IP Address (192.168.1.64). Also, when I put in my public IP Address for the client, it says the server isn't online. I've been fiddling around with my router's configurations (BTW my router is a 2Wire Model 2701HG-B and please don't take me to portforward.com - I've tried pretty much everything there) but I still haven't gotten the IP part correct. Or is the server IP address supposed to the private IP address…?

I've tried Hamachi too. Problem is, it works sometimes, and then it doesn't work sometimes. Maybe I'll just go back to using Hamachi instead...

Thanks for helping!

Okay, open your Data.ini or Config.ini
Change the port number to 4001 or something of the sort, then change the port on the client side to match the server.
If that doesn't work, if you have Windows XP just shut down your firewall and reboot. Otherwise I have not a clue.

oops. Forgot to tell you I have Vista. However, the client + server run fine. It's just that I can't get the IP Configuration to work.
Oh and thanks for the help - I'm not done yet though.

No-one has answered my question,"Is the server IP supposed to be the private IP?"