Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question. Needing answers. Old topic isn't getting any replies.

Inunah

@Gwendalin:

> can you post a screen shot of your router's portforward page?

I could if I could even get to my router on this computer. Typing anything but a www. thing gives me a google search. I'm hosting off this comp though, not the other one which can get to the router's page.

And last time I checked my router didn't have a port forward page. (…. Last time I checked was about a month or so ago.)

And that's why I tried Hamachi and PortForward, and both of them didn't work.

I've got a 2wire. That's all I know about it. I don't know what kind of 2wire it is. But I know you have to type "home" into the www. bar to get to the router's page, which doesn't work on this @#$^#@3!!!! #%^@^&&%^***(%#@ ##%@ ^##$%@!! computer.

@Gwendalin:

> hmm never heard of 2wire…
>
> what is your external ip?

I'm using port 4000.

I can give my private IP and my external IP to the 1 beta tester I rounded up, and they still can't get it to work.

Nothing works, frankly.

@Gwendalin:

> crap…
>
> umm... you can connect locally right using TE right?  Would 2.7 give an error, or just say ofline.

Total Eclipse, I can connect locally. With 2.7, it would just tell me it was offline. No errors to speak of.

hmm that doesnt really make sense…

might I suggest giving 2.7 another try...

make sure your data.ini in your server folder looks like this
[CONFIG]
GameName=Eclipse www.freemmorpgmaker.com Change this in data.ini
WebSite=
Port=4000

and you config.ini in your client folder looks like this
[IPCONFIG]
IP=127.0.0.1
PORT=4001

at least until we get things working. Also did you intall ELI when you tried 2.7?

@Gwendalin:

> hmm that doesnt really make sense…
>
> might I suggest giving 2.7 another try...
>
> make sure your data.ini in your server folder looks like this
> [CONFIG]
> GameName=Eclipse www.freemmorpgmaker.com Change this in data.ini
> WebSite=
> Port=4000
>
> and you config.ini in your client folder looks like this
> [IPCONFIG]
> IP=127.0.0.1
> PORT=4001
>
> at least until we get things working. Also did you intall ELI when you tried 2.7?

ELI? Nope, it just appeared on my desktop.

And that does look exactaly like that.
Besides, i've been working for days with Total Eclipse. I don't wanna go to a new one and recreate all the maps I've already created.

he/she is giving you a possible solution if you don't want em then i suggest this: DON'T ASK THEM!! maybe using 2.7 is what you have to do. I have a problem that  ppl cant connect and when i was told to switch to 2.7 i didn't flame people when i was told that. If you don't like what they tell you then don't ask!

@jna:

> he/she is giving you a possible solution if you don't want em then i suggest this: DON'T ASK THEM!! maybe using 2.7 is what you have to do. I have a problem that  ppl cant connect and when i was told to switch to 2.7 i didn't flame people when i was told that. If you don't like what they tell you then don't ask!

I'm just pissed that one can get worldwide but I can't get onto it, then the one I can get into can't get anywhere except my 1 comp. I flame when i'm pissed.

@Inunah:

> I'm not going to redo all my maps. Leave me alone or fix my problem.

SHE is giving you all the possible answers SHE can think of.

I have never touched TE, so I dont know any of its configurations. Honestly I dont know what your problem is… in all aspects of the way that sentence can be taken.

For me I just downloaded 2.7, the eli program, unzipped and boom i was able to work. Its not my fault you have some crappy unknown router, and cant get port fordwarding working. Its not our fault that you cant get your computer to work!!! I only suggested giving 2.7 another try.. i didnt tell you, you MUST.

TE is a dying program... there is no more support... it will not be updated. heck there was even talk of removing it all together. I was trying to be nice and give you support on a program that imo isnt worth trying to support.

@Inunah:

> I'm just pissed that one can get worldwide but I can't get onto it, then the one I can get into can't get anywhere except my 1 comp. I flame when i'm pissed.

That is such the wrong attitude to have when people are trying to help. I was nothing but nice to you, but yet you want to try to flame ME!!! You'll be lucky if anyone gives you a hand ever again with your attitude.
GROW UP!!!!!!

You want me to leave you alone… fine i'll leave you alone!!!!!

best of luck figuring out your problem.

Good day ma'am

You honestly do not deserve any help at all. Your nothing but a straight up douche, flaming Gwen and acting like a dick, while help is being dished to your on a silver platter. I suggest you send your apologies if you want further assistance.

I make angry when I get angry. Usually when i'm angry i'm either crying or getting angry at everyone for no reason.

It's just that i'm too lazy to redo all of those maps, and I can't find any way to get 2.7 to be online for me, so I can't switch anyway.

I'm sorry. :(

I do not like being yelled at for no reason. You really need to learn some manners.

> I'm sorry i'm rude. That's just who I am. People can hate me, but this is a freaking help forum. Help those who are in need of the freaking help! If people in need of help are rude to you, ignore it and go on with your lives. And don't yell at me, WE ARE PEOPLE, DAMMIT! WE HAVE FEELINGS! I'm sensitive, so if you want me bawling right in your faces, go ahead. I'll make you feel bad.

Your sig does not help your situation. So sorry that your problems cant be solved with the flick of a switch. People in need of help should not be rude… if anything they should be grateful... they are the ones in need. We dont have to waste our time trying to helping ungrateful little brats. If you want us to respect your feelings... why dont you think of others first.

> I'm sensitive, so if you want me bawling right in your faces, go ahead. I'll make you feel bad.

this is just pathetic… go a head try to make me feel bad.... i guarentee you'll will run away before i do.

I for one will not be helping you anymore.

Hey, I said I was sorry! I may be a little pissy about it and ranty, but at least my sister's not on here instead of me. You'd be banning her faster than beans.

I have manners when i'm not PMSing. I can't help it if i'm moody this week.

@Niko:

> Ok your forgiven. What can I say, Ive never seen anyone rub chocolate like you can.

LOL. And at my sig is also lol. Because anyone I meet, even if they see my gender set to female and I talk like a female and I act like a female and I sound like a female and I have a female avatar, they think i'm a guy. And I have to tell them six times before they remember.

I'm not trying to be all "OMGWTF UR A NOOB AND I HATE YOU SO I'LL FLAME YOU", it just so happens that i'm like that because of freaking Gaia Online, the little awesome #^!@#$.

And now i've got a problem with EE (I finally got it running, yosh!). I don't want one of my new maps to scroll….... I mean, I fixed it so it wouldn't seem to scroll, but.......
And also does PortTunnel or Hamachi work with EE 2.7? My computer hates me and won't let me port forward the normal way (No matter what I do, typing in an IP gives me a f#^&@*% google search, and i've turned off the search in the www bar a million times)