Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Spawn spot? answer plzz

jna

Um, go into your server folder, and then the scripts folder. Open the one named Main, then press control and f. It'll open up a search thingy. Type in death, and click next. It'll take you to the part of the file that you need.

I don't know how to script, but I changed the parts where it says 'mapnum' and 'x' and 'y'

If you're using 2.7 you can also just go to the map editor, click properties and change it right from there.
Though you have to set the respawn for each map(when they die on that map, you set what map and what coordinates they will spawn), but it is useful in case you want them to respawn in the nearest town or something.

@Electrokinesis:

> If you're using 2.7 you can also just go to the map editor, click properties and change it right from there.
> Though you have to set the respawn for each map(when they die on that map, you set what map and what coordinates they will spawn), but it is useful in case you want them to respawn in the nearest town or something.

There ain't no respawn editor in mah mapeditor.

@Niko:

> thats for every map, the script is for death respawns on the same map everytime.

True, but it's only useful if you only want it to respawn there.
I said the other would be useful for multiple respawn points. (or to quote "useful in case you want them to respawn in the nearest town or something")

The topic starter never specified which they wanted, so I thought I'd supply an alternative.

jna… how exactly do you do you want this to work...

are you going to make save points... or are you just going to have it so no matter where you are you always go back to a certian map... do you want to respawn in the same map at a certian x y?

Does niko have a good side?

maint.txt in the scripting folder in the server folder. Open the .txt and click ctrl-F  then search for Ondeathsub. When it finds it for you, type in the map number. Then the x and y coordinate that you want the player to spawn at.

```
Sub OnDeath(Index)
Dim MapNum
Dim ClassID
Dim X
Dim Y

If GetMapBootMap(Index) > 0 Then
Call PlayerWarp(Index, GetMapBootMap(Index), GetMapBootX(Index), GetMapBootY(Index))
Else
ClassID = GetPlayerClass(Index)

MapNum = GetVar("Classes\Class" & ClassID & ".ini", "CLASS", "Map")

X = GetVar("Classes\Class" & ClassID & ".ini", "CLASS", "x")
Y = GetVar("Classes\Class" & ClassID & ".ini", "CLASS", "y")

Call PlayerWarp(Index, MapNum, X, Y)
End If
End Sub
```
Thats SubOnDeath just incase you are wondering.