Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Concept] Prothesys

Stein

![](http://i.imgur.com/a5hL3iB.png)

**The World**

Prothesys' world is inspired by current medicinal progress and robotics. As many may be aware the military as well as various other groups and organizations are chasing after the ability to recreate and enhance human capabilities through machines and mechanical prosthesis. So the idea of this game is to take this a few steps into a possible future, where (more or less like the recent video game Deus Ex: Human Revolution) mankind has had some serious technological breakthroughs and are capable of producing entire replacements for limbs, and even organs to enhance or return functionality to a person's body.

However, this of course comes with a major drawback. The human body is not willing to always fully cooperate with the mechanical portions added into and onto the body, causing rejection and serious pain to the early test subjects. After years of trying to craft a medicine that mixes with the host's blood to make the body think that the machine is part of itself a major breakthrough has been made. A substance (that currently has no name as of yet in this concept) that when injected will periodically stop the body's rejection process and allow the user to have full control over their implants. The drug is a massive success and many people including those that were severely injured in car crashes, born blind or torn apart by war received these implants and replacements as a sign of good will to show the world how amazing this new technology is. The news spreads rapidly, and soon more companies sprout and flourish and new technological advancements are made in regards to military grade equipment and enhancements.

As more and more people become used to the idea of their surroundings slowly being integrated with machines, the demand for the substance that will stop rejection increases, and the large corporations see a business opportunity. They fake supply droughts and inflate prices, trying to earn as much as they can off of those that can not live without. This causes massive political and social riots, entire armies of enchanced humans taking to the streets to fight off the corporations control, to no avail. They can't stand up against the latest battle technologies from the corporations, nor the endless supply of the Substance their soldiers have access to. Many seek to join the corporations, betraying their friends and families for their addiction, the substance has since become more than a way to keep their implants functional.. It has become a drug, a necessity.

The ensuing chaos causes the economy to take a downfall, and as the world plummets into chaos a massive border between the population arises.

* The Regular Humans, who want nothing to do with the Enhanced Humans, seeking refuge far away from the chaos living peacefully hoping they can ignore the horrors that occur right under their eyes. Trying to desperately refuse to acknowledge the existence of a problem so fire.
* The Enhanced Humans, be it willfully or by force that are unable to afford or obtain the substance, slowly giving into insanity and taking to the street killing and plundering to sate their need for the Substance.
* The Order, a group of Enhanced Humans that are set out to take down the organization's oppressive forces and steal whatever supplies are necessary for them and their allies to survive.
* The Organization's, a group of twisted politicians attempting to rule the world by their technology. They produce the Substance and have an entire army of disposable Enhanced at their side.

The story of our players begins shortly after the division in the city that used to be known as Amsterdam, but has since been rebuilt after the riots laid waste to half the city. The city's divided up in various regions which are yet to be determined.

**The Name**

Prothesys is a play on words, Prothese(Meaning prostheses in Dutch) combined with Systeem(Meaning System) will create the word Prothesys. I personally thought the name had a nice ring to it, and it sounds very much alike to the actual word Prosthesis which the game is more or less based around.

**The Engine**

I intend to use EO4 Gold for this engine, which I will be looking into on the 10th. Hopefully I can think of a way to handle the game world within the limitations the engine sets unto me. I refuse to make my own because this is supposed to be a game that shows what the engine can do coming from a person that's NOT affiliated with the development team, but rather a third party. Not to mention I'm just too busy to really write up my own custom nonsense these days.

**I never asked for this..**

Adam, get the hell out of my office. 

>! ![](http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110906142717/deusex/en/images/1/19/Sarif-bustshot.png)

**Footnotes**

This is still very much in progress, and I'm welcoming any feedback on the backstory of the world, or someone to write out my ideas in a more fancy manner. I'm no writer, I can come up with ideas but that's about it. I'll be adding more to this post as time goes by.

I might have an idea or two for your lore. I will need time to create a suitable virtual enviroment (building the world in my head to experience the idea), and place my ideas and script on a page…or two. 

(I want 10 million for this)

Honestly, just want to see this game progress. Even if it's a display game. It is showing off the potential of the (mostly disliked) EO-Gold, and maybe sparking a few fires here and there. After all there can be no progress without sacrifice and, at least, one person to invest in it.