Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hurricane Ike

Darknisss

Spread the word! Hurricane Ike is here  :P Its pretty much bad news for Galveston seeing as its directly in its pathway. My lights have gone out already and come back on in the past 10 minutes, I live in Houston so that's basically in the pathway of the hurricane too. Its suppose to hit us in about…2-3 hours or so? Its like 11:24 PM currently as I type this...

Its 7 hours after the landfall here in Austin, TX. We have some wind gusts up to 60 mph with no rain :(. A friend called from Houston and said she is ok but wont have power for a long time. Seems we can't get away from the hurricanes. Me and my wife lost all our stuff in New Orleans when Katrina destroyed our home. Fortunately for us we live much further inland now in Austin. We hope the best for all the coast.

My dad is working in Beaumont, near Galveston. Hes currently home though.

> New Orleans when Katrina destroyed our home

Sorry that just really brought back memories. Bad memories. When Katrina hit the MS coast and water was up 20-30 feet, houses were destroyed, people struggling to survive, who was getting all the attention and help?
New Orleans. All the news crews were just pretending that New Orleans was the only city that got hit. It wasnt.