Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recruiting : Retro Online

Billylemmon

IN DIRE NEED OF A HOSTER. :[

So currently I am only **looking for mappers, maybe developers if you really want to apply**. ;)

To apply, pm me here or email me at [email protected]

Retro Online.

**The Basic Idea:** I searched for ages to look for a decent free ORPG with 2D graphics (don't ask, I just prefer them.)
So eventually I thought, how hard would it be to make my own ORPG? So I did what every bored individual does. I googled it.
And it's surprisingly easy. I found Eclipse, Playerworlds and Elysium and, out of them all, I preferred this one.
So here we are. :D

The game is done with simple FFIV sprites (some recoloured and changed, because ~10 isn't enough.) and simple tiles to give the effect of "retroness".

I'm hoping that this game will actually differenciate itself from other ORPGs (Or MORPGs) in that people will be reminded of their childhoods, playing a variety of games (I actually went through and listed all the cool characters I could remember from my childhood games, such as FFIIV and IX.) and plotted various ways to get them into the game (even if its just the name - for example I plan to make a Carbuncle Shield and have already made an item called Kain's Lance, usable by Dragoon's only, heehee.)

**The Lore:** Now this is the tricky bit. I'm still inbetween ideas at the moment, but I do know the "world" - if you like - is going to be called the Retroverse. I'm kind of torn between two big landmasses with opposite factions on (Idea 1) and having one big landmass with two opposing cities (and one neutral - where new characters would start).

Anyway; I think I've babbled on for long enough.
For more information you can click [HERE](http://www.freewebs.com/retroonline)
Regards, Billy

@†βΛѪ:

> ok might want to not triple post for your own safety, and no offence, but couldnt you think of a better name then retro online, it sounds like a big dance party.

Retro Online sums up what it is all about. Does exactly what it says on the tin, if you like.
I didn't want to call it some made up name and have it blend in with all those other fantasy games out there.

And also; I know port forwarding isn't hard, but I have lost the login to my router, thus the plot thickens.