Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NEW! [[Arcadia Menu]]

Sean23

lol, not what I meant. The menu itself is very nice, but that style is so overused it just seems kinda bland. If you mixed up the menu a bit, added some complexity and submenus, like the GUI was it's own GUI, THEN it'd be awesome. I just said I thought the guy was cool and funny.

oh i see, like a more custom gui would make its design more fitting, you just dont enjoy the default gui layout from eclipse i see ^_^, me either because it makes it quite difficult to work around, but ya maybe ill make a custom one.

the thing is that srsly, there's a huge news box, which if you do use, still doesn't need that much space. Try to play around with formatting and layout design in general and see what you come up with, I'll bet you it'd be 1000x better than this.

@l0lz!:

> A bad use of layers and blending options. 6/10 your efforts will not suffice, imo. :(

a bad use of layers?? mind being more descriptive? your name says it all.

like honestly though i found that the most stupidest comment ever.

@Seany:

> a bad use of layers?? mind being more descriptive? your name says it all.
>
> like honestly though i found that the most stupidest comment ever.

I'm not good at explaning things when I've just gotten out of bed. What I meant by layers is that you put a useless Square background behind your game title, and above the border. Then where the online box is, you make a square with a gradient and then another smaller square with a gradient which doesnt look good. To top that off you put inner shadows, and you added a bare indication of a border for the square background of your logo, if you didnt want one, simply blend it in with the border. I know it doesn't have much to do with layers, but I was half awake(Excuses).

When I said blending options, I meant you used too much blending options, giving almost everything on your GUI menu, a pattern which is, imo, un-needed.

Last thing, is that the tree and horrible re-sized render aren't needed and make the GUI look cheesy.

Understand me now?

i think the thing that overall confused me about "lolz" comment is because, art is art, simplicity is a key aspect to a games gui, short a sweet, taking an extra mile to make it look more filled, is just putting more effort into a game, and the thing i found funny about it, is no matter what i make, either someone will say.. needs more effort, then i will go ok, well i wanted to keep it short..and on lolz point of view, dont get me wrong its not a bad point of view, its just very out there negative, you have to understand the design and art and having a custom title of 'i love photoshop' you could greatly understand the abilitys being very advanced in what i made. in conclusion, i do find your comment rather flat but ammusing to the point were i can probley make something simplier, just respect art in differences next time, i hope you dont go around the forums judging things for what they are because we all have different opinions on things. in my ways.. i only critisized ones art if its horribly and low time put into it. in this case you just dont like the overal outcome and thats basically my point of being a bit over on the rude side. with respect and curioustiy- Sean.

• 2 weeks later...