Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to make chars bigger?

Chakkra

Actually as far as I've seen, 3.0 only lets you scale the sprite soooo basically if it's 32x32 you could make it 96x96 but it would be really pixelated. At least that's what I've seen in the pictures.

Anyways, it's really easy (to an extent) to make the characters bigger. I did it. Just mess with the values in the BltPlayer and BltPlayerTop in modGameLogic. You'll figure it out after a while.

The way i did it, it basically just displays a bigger picture where the 32x64 guy was so you just have to  change more  to make everything match where the character appears. Like blocks.

@Gh0st:

> Actually as far as I've seen, 3.0 only lets you scale the sprite soooo basically if it's 32x32 you could make it 96x96 but it would be really pixelated. At least that's what I've seen in the pictures.
>
> Anyways, it's really easy (to an extent) to make the characters bigger. I did it. Just mess with the values in the BltPlayer and BltPlayerTop in modGameLogic. You'll figure it out after a while.
>
> The way i did it, it basically just displays a bigger picture where the 32x64 guy was so you just have to  change more  to make everything match where the character appears. Like blocks.

oh lol. Your not a vet. I posted a thing on sprite sizes. Maximum size is 160x160.

No I'm saying 3.0 just looks like it stretches the sprite, it doesn't look like it actually lets you have bigger sprites. And this whole vet thing is so unfair…I've been in the community for like 2 or 3 years rofl. Basically you're gonna have to do this:
- make the 96x96 sprite sheet.
- change the code in BltPlayer and BltPlayerTop to read the sprite sheet in a 96x96 format
- change parts of BltPlayer and BltPlayerTop and BltPlayerBar etc. to make it so that the 96x96 sprite is displayed in line with the name of the player or the graphics will be off and you'll be blocked by a tile when you're actually standing on it etc.

You seriously just have to change like 50 numbers in the source code and that's it...

p.s. again...why am i not a vet? rofl

I saw a code in tutorials/snippets by unnown, he sais it can make NPC's any size.
He sais it can be easily edited to work for sprites too.
Here:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,31787.0.html
I don't know how to make it work for sprites, but if you know some VB it should not be so hard after what unnown says

AkselJ