Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Messing around with paperdoll

AdrianC

I'm trying to modify the paperdoll code. A guy holds a sword in his right hand, a shield in his left.

I want it so that when the player moves left, the sword is under the shield. The guy will always hold the sword in his right hand, and the shield in his left. therefore, if he goes left, the sword should appear under the shield.If he goes right, the sword would be over everything, and the shield will be under the player.

If someone could show this to me, I can probably figure out how to change the other items by myself. I'm trying to get into source editing. Thx.

I drew something, and when I'm moving left, the sword appears on top of the shield, and the shield on top of me. I could edit my drawings to adjust to this, but when you have 20 different shields and 20 diff swords, each of a different size, this would be extremely hard to compensate for.

Naw he's right they made a little slip up when they did paperdolling with 2.7\. Adrian, it's an easy fix. I always wanted to do the same thing and when I read this thread you inspired me to check it out lol. Basically, go to the BltPlayer and BltPlayerTop subs in the modGameLogic of the client source. There's like 2 spots in each where the weapon is handled after the shield is. Just move the weapon section so that it comes before the shield. It worked for me. Took like 10 seconds to figure out.

I guess I shouldn't give a bad example to the newbs. There. Also, my previous post:

I guess I could edit my items to appear as if they are under the player.

I just want to know how to find the movement direction. I think I can work with this if I get the code for player dir.

Yeah I realized after I said this and equipped a longer sword that when i moved down the sword showed under the shield. I forgot to take into account the directions. ah well. but yeah you can probably just copy that chunk of code and check the direction before doing anything

hmm well I use the 3frame movement thing too and it works fine (sort of) for me. Like i said it shows the sword under the shield when you're walking down. But I guess if you get a fresh copy of the two subs you'll have to recopy the 3frame movement into it