Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fenix Productions

Fenix

![](http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7830/fenixbannerhj7lr8.png)

Well, after not using Eclipse for a while, I was unable to stay away, and so I'm back. I'm currently in the early stages of designing a new game and I've set up a "production company" website to allow me to recruit a production team to help with this and future projects.

Therefore I am proud to unveil, Fenix Productions.
You can find the official website and forums at;

http://www.fenixproductions.co.nr

I stress that the game listed so far on the forum is in the INCREDIBLY early stages of development. You won't see even a Work in Progress post for a while. I've taken a name from a failed project of mine a while, Novus Regnum, (New Kingdom according to the online English to Latin Dictionaries), and in the proper area of the forums you will see a preliminary game concept and story.

Anyway, you might be asking, why is Fenix making a post in the recruitment center? Well I can explain. I would like to assemble a permanent Fenix Productions team to work on this, and future, projects. I'm not going to actually request any specific jobs yet, because I know that few people with the skills to contribute to a team and make a high quality game will sign on before they see some evidence that the game will actually be good. So I'm not going to start asking for mappers or anything yet.

What I will say is that IF you think you might be interested, feel free to put the burden on me. Send me a PM outlining your skills, and showing some of your past work. If it's good, I'll get back to you with screenshots and information when I have it, so we can both decide if you will be right for the team. If it's bad, or not up to the level I want, I'll probably just tell you and you can go practice and always try again when I actually officially hire people.

In the meantime, I encourage anyone who's even slightly interested to look at the forums (http://www.fenixproductions.co.nr), read the early concept and story, and join the community to provide ideas and help with the design. Basically, I'd like to have a little think tank going on my forums. I think that there is a ton of potential for 2d MMORPG's to still be popular, at least with a small niche of players, because they are often free, versatile, and able to appeal to both hardcore gamers (looking for an in-depth roleplaying experience), and casual ones (looking to play a game without crashing their computers). I always like to try and incorporate some politics/economics, some roleplaying, alot of admin-player interaction, and maybe a little old fashioned Zelda or Final Fantasy style dungeon crawling. I want your thoughts and ideas on my projects.

And you can count on me not giving up on it, because, as I'm graduating from high school this year, I want to have a secret hobby in college which I can not reveal to my friends. What better than "making my own multiplayer online roleplaying game."

I'm holding off on making a Work in Progress post or anything because it is not really in progress, and I know how annoying it is for all of you to read another post from some smug egomaniacal 13 year old who is convinced his game is the next World of Warcraft. I'll treat you guys like business partners. I should not only have to convince you that this game is going to be good, but that I have a strategy to market it, find a niche, and make it succeed. Additionally, I'm not going to call myself a "Head Admin" of any sort of game until I can script competently and solve most scripting problems myself. Harvard Graduate employees with degrees in economics won't respect an owner who went to a community college for his economics degree and is now trying to convince them he knows better. I'm working on learning the ins and outs, and until I can, I'm not going to talk about all the amazing features I'm going to have someone else put in for me.

So remember, http://www.fenixproductions.co.nr, sign up, and give me your feedback. If you think you might want to be a part of this production team, send me a resume, and I'll get back to you with a response and, once I've started development, some game info and pictures to convince you that, yes, you do want some of this.

**~Fenix
Head Administrator, Fenix Productions**