Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chief's GUI - WIP (Updated 12/4/08)

Chief

well, I am carefully considering the layout of the GUI for my game and so I am messing around in Photoshop with different layouts… here is one unfinished possible layout I could do:

![](http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2309/myguicopyza3.png)
(btw: that is not my map and those are not the graphics I plan on using in a GUI… those are all temp to show the layout and such)

well, I will be finishing this one and making a few more possibilities and then I will make a poll and I would love your guy' input on this!

**UPDATE!!!**
well, I wentback into photoshop and actually took time on this next GUI template:

![](http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6693/mygui2copyhl1.png)

If you guys like this one, i will prob use this new one with small edits if needed. but I'm gonna make every one of the buttons a pop-up form and have it always show the equip in that place… if you guys have any suggestions or anyhting you would want to see, I would love to hear them! I am trying to make dev as public and up to the players as much as possible because you are the guys who might play this! so, the screenshot also gives away the Title for my upcoming game in early dev stages atm...

ok, just a word of advice, if you've got your health displaying over the map you can walk underneath that box… and will be very ahrd to see yourself.

Unless you plan to program it so that the box moves around the window based on your sprites position.

lol… well, ill take it as a compliment but, if its not full time and is only a couple images here and there, id be willing to help out. and pay for graphics (if they're small jobs) isn't needed but is greatly appreciated. but, GUI's and larger jobs such as websites, tons of images, etc, would be a small amount of $$...

My therory was always that it did not compromise feel for graphics (ill explain)

When i first play a game wether or not i play and continue playing depends on 5 things

1\. Did the little 5 sentence description catch my eye.
2\. Did that little tiny pic that shwos game play catch my eye.
3\. when i load it is it *Easy* to access features or am i over whelmed by to many confusing graphcis and buttons.
4\. Do i need to go through 4 windows to get to my player stats (thats bad)
5.(the most important) Is the gameing screen cluttered with buttons(things such as login and out)

So i think a good gui needs to have a more spaciosu apeal.
Make it so that maby you have only a small bar on the left that brigns pop out windows.
Also make the chat box so that it will coem and go. I hate playing gmaes where 1/4 of the screen is a chat bar and my stats.

(just my 2 cents)