Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Azkanan's Workshop (Graphics)

azkanan

@Keebler:

> Spending 400$ on a program. Grr cant say what i want to say or ill get in toruble. *cough* get it how i got vb6 (cant say any more for fear of the ban hammer)

$400 is VERY cheap considering what it does. And considering my company had to shell out about $8000 for Maya, its pretty good in comparison.

Good Software doesnt cost $80-$100, it usually goes into the thousands, especially if you are looking at doing something commercially. There are alternative methods to accquiring these tools of course. I personally use the latter method, ie the one we dont talk about…  to trial, and sometimes have an _extended_ trial of a program to make sure its worth the money.

Trials that are limited in features do not deserve the time of day.

@Devogen:

> $400 is VERY cheap considering what it does. And considering my company had to shell out about $8000 for Maya, its pretty good in comparison.
>
> Good Software doesnt cost $80-$100, it usually goes into the thousands, especially if you are looking at doing something commercially. There are alternative methods to accquiring these tools of course. I personally use the latter method, ie the one we dont talk about…  to trial, and sometimes have an _extended_ trial of a program to make sure its worth the money.
>
> Trials that are limited in features do not deserve the time of day.

I used to have a friend get it for me, but, not anymore. It's not the same as getting it yourself, having the pyhsical copy. :)

[/offtopic]?

@Devogen:

> How old are you? just curious mate - that graphics engine, or types like it have been round for YEARS lol  Check out some of the open source 3D engines, Torque 3D is the best at the moment for ease of use - and lets you make images like this in minutes.

well, most people use 2d graphics, not 3d graphics. and i'm 13 btw, explaining my cluelessness. xD. I'm not a 3d type of guy. I'm into 2d.