Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best bits quantity for characters's sprites?

Keyzack

well my question is basically about which bits size (u know 32 bits blocks used) for a mmorpg character's sprite, should be the best amount, in a matter to fullfill great performance of the game speed( loads, overdrives evasions of the server, Lag, etc.) ??????

As i see the size of eclipse chars are 64 bits cuz they use around two 32bits block…i personally have in mind a 192 bits char so it could seems pretty cool, just like ragnarok style chars i think. but the thing is that i'm not sure about how risky could that be in a game with a laaaaaaarge and continuous environment as the one i have in mind (something like tibia if anyone know it)... so well i need some help... i hope anyone could understand me and if already have a hint bout this subject then lend me a hand  :sad: pliz!!!

well i guess i didn't say it by the easy way…... i think that if i say it in few few words what i wanna know is: HOW THE SIZE OF THE CHARACTER'S SPRITES AFFECTS IN A GAME??? BIG sprites of characters will give a lot of lag to a server??  or there's no reason to worry about cuz if u paid for a good server host everything will run perfect??.....

i already google to search this kind of info and i can't find anything related... so i guess is not something ppl ask too much.... and i know i have not explained it by the best way but well i guess it's not that hard to understand... even if my explainations aren't very good.

BTW! it seems pretty good that "the world of hyrule"!! i'm sure u can help me mod!!!.. u just need to understand me ;P..

it's pretty late here so if tommorrow the lucks keeps equal, then i will try to make it more clear.

yea yea that Mr. Miguuuuu! (and BTW it seems really cool Lostica project too!!!)

but anyway the thing is appearently u get my puzzle of terms better than the kreator… and welll yes i know eclipse don't give many options about it but actually i don't plan to use that engince... and well now that u gave some brights to the terms then i can say now that what could be the srpite i wish is a 64x96 bits sprite ... and welll i wanna know how risky that could be for a mmorpg world (having in mind that the sprites will be animated)???

i'm glad at least i could make me understand a lil bit here before go bed ;P so well thx!!! and hope u could answer some of those things taking u're games as reference!...

THANK U MOD!!…. so i guess the concequence could grow up the game requirements and the users will be the ones affected.... well that's what i really wanted to make clear and i guess with all the news innovations if someday i manage to make the game the pcs will be much capable and cheaper compared to the ones right now... so it won't be a a prob, i guess....

Anyway thanks again!!!  and well sorry for give my answers without seen yours before... but in anycase thanx!!! i knew ppl here could help!!!!!!:D...

And well no prob if u close this one... it was a succeeded post!!! :)

@Keyzack:

> THANK U MOD!!…. so i guess the concequence could grow up the game requirements and the users will be the ones affected.... well that's what i really wanted to make clear and i guess with all the news innovations if someday i manage to make the game the pcs will be much capable and cheaper compared to the ones right now... so it won't be a a prob, i guess....
>
> Anyway thanks again!!!  and well sorry for give my answers without seen yours before... but in anycase thanx!!! i knew ppl here could help!!!!!!:D...
>
> And well no prob if u close this one... it was a succeeded post!!! :)

YAY!!!

Plus you also stand on the verdict of "what engine to use" because eclipse is one of the few that is extremely supported and will most likely support larger sprite conversion in the near future (meaning dx8 ee3.0) so I suggest you stick around and find out for yourself ;)

about the eclipse engince i admit that is one of the most developped and supported ones if not the most but well i said "actually i don't plan to…" cuz right now i can invest my time doing all the big list of of srpites and music and general things for it that i still don't have ;P... and in that meanwhile the engines around internet will just get better and better...

but well the thing is that i never ment to despise the EE!!... i don't think i will contribute too much to the community but for sure i will always look forward at any aspect of need to this engine! for many reasons and one of those is the dedicated ppl around!

hehe this ends looking more like an opinion post rather than technical one but really thx for all!!! and well i will for sure kept an eye on the EE improvements and also in those projects!! :)