Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tournament

Irhymer

Every month i want to hold a tournament in my game that passes the top people to the next class. I've already planned out how to do it with out much scripting.
In my tournament as many people as i choose will sign up a week before (ever one must be in a 3 man squad). These people will receive a one time warp to the tournament ground 1\. In the first part the players take a test.

How do i make a test with 10 questions and i get the results? :confused:

Next the top few squads will move on to the forest of death. Every squad will recieve one of a heaven or earth scroll. The first few squads that reach the end of the forest with two scrolls moves on. I will make it so when you die you lose the scroll so the other teams can snatch it.

Semi Finals. An even 16 or 8 are chosen and put into a fighting tournament. The half of those who win move on to the final match in Exam ground 4\. The top few people will be promoted by an admin.

Most of this is organised by admins but I need some scripts to make it easier and smoother. If you dont understand( :huh:) please tell me.

Thanks. This is more of a help with idea and the one test script. :cheesy:

Ok. Lotsa stuff here!

About the quiz, you can make a series of prompts that store the player's answers in an .INI file, then calculates a grade and stores that as well. You could even make a slash command that displays a certain player's grade to you! =) 'Thing is, you can only make Yes/No questions with prompts when you stay user-friendly and don't make a list of prompts that each suggest a different answer to one question before moving on to the next. Well, you _could_ make it like that. It's just a bit code-heavy. =P

You could automate the scroll-getting process by making a special tile (like a beam of light) that's a scripted tile that verifies if the player has the scrolls. If so, he's warped to the next stage and his name is stored in an .INI for the next script (see next paragraph). If not, he's warped just beside the tile so he doesn't block it and gives him a message in the likes of "A mysterious force prevents you from going further…" =P

About the steps where you have to choose players... Automating those would take either a very complex evaluation algorithm, or a function that chooses player at random among the players registered in the .INI mentionned in the previous paragraph. You choose which! =P

Oh well, that's about it. If you need examples about specific parts of the code, feel free to ask! =)

'Hope I helped!
Roujo

EDIT: You can check out [http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,28174.0](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,28174.0), it has pretty useful functions when it comes to items. It would be useful when you get to the scroll part. =)

[off topic]

Roujo i just have to say you are doing great with the comunity
the posts ive seen you post are very helpfull.
very nice job at this :) i congratulate u with a cookie :D

[on topic]
this seems more like a trail rather than a tourny

@The:

> You know, I noticed this is the exact same setup as the naruto tournament. Be original, dude.

umm he is making a naruto based game…

yah sorry for the confusion. The code lyoko game was on hold because i dont think code lyoko is very popular anymore. Plus the game im making is a naruto game and its not in any way a profit its more like a game for my school. Thanks Roujo you are helpfull. Your newer and came in like a Eclipse Pro(ok a little to far but you get the point). Thanks alot and i will have the quiz as yes or no (true or false). And i said n other posts that this naruto game is for practice. Like making a mod before your original idea. I already have an original idea but that was when i just arrived here. So i decided to get some practice. Sorry for the confusion with 2 games.

Roujo, I've heard the PlayerPrompt is broken so you should use this idea for the quiz.

1: Make questions with options.

2: Make a custom menu and store questions and options in a .INI and make it get them, put them in labels on the custom menu

3: Add a TextBox, where you type in number of option

4: Make it so that you get correct if you pick right question.