Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crits needed (and rounded water tiles)

zidsal

It  is a depth issue I should of proberly worded the question differently. The issue is that the cliff when extended does not look great anyone know any shortcuts to get around this or am I gona have to redo the front section of the cliff.

@zidsal:

> It  is a depth issue I should of proberly worded the question differently. The issue is that the cliff when extended does not look great anyone know any shortcuts to get around this or am I gona have to redo the front section of the cliff.

Extend the cliff but add detail to the siding it so its not so bland.

In my opinion, maps like this are ugly. I don't know why people think lots of tiles and cliffs means good maps. I always look at the mapping competitions and puke a little  :P

If you can make a less crowded map but still beautiful, that's real skill to me.

Normally I would agree with you on maps being over crowded as all it does is end up distracting the eye from the game its self. But ironcally the zone description  is against you in this 1  :P. I was trying to go for a forest thats very over grown with a range of different plants (only thing I dislike is using the same tree over again but alas I'm lazy).

As for the land being hilly there are two reasons for this:
1\. filler and because landscape is not flat. (thought its not flat then hilly then flat again ever so I'm going around in circiles here).

2\. The zone difficulty is split up in height where the first few levels are on the massive hill while the last few levels are in the lower depths of the area near the river.

![](http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww254/westin444/map-2.png)

A-  Missing Tiles
b-  Unrealistic for a fast flowing river  any points that small would be eroded away.
C-  Bad placement
  +  The branch that is in the left C circle is made to be completely underwater
  +  Two completely intact stone columns up there?  Why would someone have them positioned like that?

Rock on cliff:
It's is way to close the edge and why the heck is it covered in algae?

Thanks alot I'm gona fix he follow
A-  Missing Tiles
b-  Unrealistic for a fast flowing river  any points that small would be eroded away.
C-  Bad placement
  +  The branch that is in the left C circle is made to be completely underwater

as for the pillars once again they are there for a lore reason so they are gona have to stay I will move them further from the edge though.

EDIT
and they are suppose to be covered in moss :P