Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How custom does a commercial game have to be?

igloo9

I know you can make Eclipse games commercial if you add custom graphics, music, etc.  But is there more to it than that?  Do you need a custom hud/gui?  And I'm not saying with a different background pic and that's it.  Do the buttons and chatbox actually have to be in a different order, or re-arranged or something?

What about even smaller things?  How custom does it have to be other than graphics, music, etc.?

I believe the GUI is free use. The Spell animations, I'm not sure of. But the sprites and tiles have to be custom made, because they are RMXP graphics originally. You don't have to arrange anything GUI layout wise or anything like that. Main thing is make sure the media files, like music, sounds, graphics, are custom, because then you know that they are free to use.

@igloo9:

> Yeah, but is it still legal to make money off of it if you don't edit the source or scripts?  I know the game wouldn't sell as good, but I'm just asking…

I think its legal…And camel, who plays p2p games? No you cannot do a cash shop. You can however, do a donation system. Though, you cant decide how much they have to donate

@[SB:

> [US] Teh GodSalad link=topic=38341.msg367937#msg367937 date=1234314622]
> I think its legal…And camel, who plays p2p games? No you cannot do a cash shop. You can however, do a donation system. Though, you cant decide how much they have to donate

well people in this thread said "buy the game".. thats like same thing… ANYWAYS dont talk more about that lol

and why cant you do cash shop? if you can do a commercial game, why not?  :confused:

@[SB:

> [US] Teh GodSalad link=topic=38341.msg367937#msg367937 date=1234314622]
> I think its legal…And camel, who plays p2p games? No you cannot do a cash shop. You can however, do a donation system. Though, you cant decide how much they have to donate

RuneScape.