Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you make a MUD

YOUR-DOOM

I want to make a MUD, but I'm not sure how to make one, and I don't even know anything about it.
  So would someone know were to find source code for a MUD? Like that people can telnet to.

At the least a documentation on what I need to make MUD would work, or what programming language it needs to be written in.
It seems like it should be simple, but I can find the original telnet MUD stuff. I keep finding MUD clones that just have client servers stuff, with graphics and what not.

Mmm, reminds me of back in the day when me and a few friends made our first text adventure in C++. It was called "The Deviant Crusader". Heavily influenced by our nightly dungeons and dragons campaigns.

Those were the days<3

• 2 weeks later...
lol, I used to play jedimud back in the day.. actually I played a bit too much, and spent countless hours trying to "load" eq from mobs in a text based world, with no graphics. It was kinda fun, but id never play em now cuz too much t.v and video games has given me a short span of attention, hence i never read books either  :cheesy: