Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse 2.7 Quests

Byte

I've been looking around everywhere but I cant find a topic about quests..
I want to know how I make a quest.
As example:
Kill 5 goats and return to the NPC, then he/she gets rewarded.
you get the point..
Can someone give a explanation, or a topic (if I didnt look well)

Thanks in advance,

Byte :embarrassed:

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,29991.0.html
it takes Godlords inventory script too

this quest one works great… you have to make them drop an item.. and then take it to the npc ... its basically a fetch quest script that easily edited and installed

@Nubbs:

> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,29991.0.html
> it takes Godlords inventory script too
>
> this quest one works great… you have to make them drop an item.. and then take it to the npc ... its basically a fetch quest script that easily edited and installed

Ok, now I got this code:
Case 0
Call PlayerMsg(index, "I'm the shop tutor, can u buy me a water bottle from the store?", 12)
If CanTake(Index, 22, 1) = false Then
    Call PlayerMsg(index, "You didn't get the item! Go buy it from the merchant!", 12)
Else
    Call TakeItem(index, 22, 1)
    Call GiveItem(index, 1, 100)
    Call PlayerMsg(index, "Thanks heres your Reward!", 12)
End If
Exit Sub

I have a few questions about this:
1\. What should I do with the code? On the topic they said I should put it in main.txt under the scripted NPC. Now I have made a NPC inside a room on my game,  but I cant see any info about it?
2\. At these lines:
    Call TakeItem(index, 22, 1)
    Call GiveItem(index, 1, 100)
How can you find out what item is 22, 1 or 1, 100?

Now people might think these are stupid questions, but I totally suck at VB, or anything like that. I'm trying though.
If someone can help me with this I'd really appreciate it alot!

Thanks in advance,

Byte

@kris_hole:

> you get the inventory scripts and it says, any byte whateverr happened to your msn? your never online. i thought you wanted to help us out before :P and i believe its…
>
> Sub TakeItem(index, Item, Amount)
> same for give.

And how do you check the Item sprite?
I suggest by going to /edititem and then you see the sprites infront of the names. Correct me if im wrong..

then I have 1 more question left (look at my post before this one)
and Oh, I think you have the wrong person infront of you, I never gave away my MSN to you, nor did something happen to it.
But thanks for the help  :P

Ok Byte listen up…

Open up main.txt in notepad. Go to edit>Find and look for```
sub scriptednpc
```

Place this code under Case 0, but before Case Else.

_____

Open Eclipse, Press F1, Go to Edit NPC. Set it's behaviour to scripted. It will then show a slider bar. Drag that slider bar to 1\. Press ok and add your NPC to your map.

Press CTRL to talk to it. Quest started. Get the item and press CTRL once you have it. Done.
_________

I think that was an answer…

@[UK:

> Alster link=topic=39046.msg379466#msg379466 date=1235177060]
> Ok Byte listen up…
>
> Open up main.txt in notepad. Go to edit>Find and look for```
> sub scriptednpc
> ```
>
> Place this code under Case 0, but before Case Else.
>
> _____
>
> Open Eclipse, Press F1, Go to Edit NPC. Set it's behaviour to scripted. It will then show a slider bar. Drag that slider bar to 1\. Press ok and add your NPC to your map.
>
> Press CTRL to talk to it. Quest started. Get the item and press CTRL once you have it. Done.
> _________
>
> I think that was an answer…

I got it looking like this:
![](http://i40.tinypic.com/23udh0k.jpg)

Then I saved it, and I did the npc in my room with scripted on 1..
But I can't talk to him. (Yes I rebooted the server)

Why?

That should work - or at least pop up with a message.

Replace Case 0 with Case 1.

Then make sure your NPC is set to 1.

EDIT: You've messed up the case mate! If the case is case 0 in the main.txt then the NPC should be set to 0\. If the case in the main.txt is case 1 then the NPC should be set to case 1\. This didn't work because case 1 (which you set your npc to) doesn't exist!

EDIT: EDIT: When I said 'place it under Case 0' I meant under the Case 0 itself. I guess I shoulda made that clearer! But don't change anything now. Leave your main.txt as it is.

@[UK:

> Alster link=topic=39046.msg379511#msg379511 date=1235180445]
> That should work - or at least pop up with a message.
>
> Replace Case 0 with Case 1.
>
> Then make sure your NPC is set to 1.
>
> EDIT: You've messed up the case mate! If the case is case 0 in the main.txt then the NPC should be set to 0\. If the case in the main.txt is case 1 then the NPC should be set to case 1\. This didn't work because case 1 (which you set your npc to) doesn't exist!
>
> EDIT: EDIT: When I said 'place it under Case 0' I meant under the Case 0 itself. I guess I shoulda made that clearer! But don't change anything now. Leave your main.txt as it is.

huh?
So I should just keep it like in the prt screen?
Also I made this prt screen to ask if its ok?
![](http://i40.tinypic.com/5u3gpf.jpg)
Now you can look at both prt screens and check whats wrong..
(In the main.txt I have the Case on 0, and I changed the NPC to script 0, but I still dont get a pop-up or something)

@[UK:

> Alster link=topic=39046.msg379547#msg379547 date=1235181963]
> Everything should work. Try going into your server control panel. Turn the scripts on and reload them.
>
> And it won't be a pop up. It'll be a message in your chat box.

Yo must press Ctrl/enter @ the NPC right?

It doesnt work.. :(
I tried everything u said

@[UK:

> Alster link=topic=39046.msg379582#msg379582 date=1235183214]
> Well, I'm out of ideas.
>
> I would offer to remote assist you on MSN but one; It's late and two; lots of people don't like remote assistance.
>
> Can anyone else take over?

Yes, MSN sounds a good idea.
Then this stuff will go faster.
lol its 3:27 AM.
But add me, [email protected]

Thanks for the effort.
We'll go on tomorrow or when we have some time.

did you get godlord's inventory script?( you only have to put this at the bottom of the main.txt…its "new fuctions" basically it make give/take item calls work) and install it? you need it for this to work.... if you havent added anything in the Sub scriptednpc spot the case # should be 0 and set the npc script number to 0 also... if anything try making it where you only need one of the item to see if it works.....if you feel like it post your main.txt. but im sure its b/c you dont have godlords inv script... all of your questions about Call give/takeitem are answered in the tutorial for adding the quest script.. try highlighting the yellow text (its hard to read if you dont) (also i think you need to make the "5" blobs stackable so you can have 5 in one inventory slot so he can take 5 at once instead of take1,take1,take1, etc that also might have something to do with it not 100% sure though) i know for a fact this script works if you only need 1 required item... i working on making his 2nd quest script.. a class advancement quest....anyways feel free to keep asking questions if you cant get this to work.. im more tha happy to help since i use quite a few of his scripts which i recommend all of them since theyre good beginner script that are easy to add (well for me :P)