• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@[BS:

> Hippoman link=topic=39416.msg383362#msg383362 date=1235532659]
> you are going to have a theme.
> without a base.
>
> Is it going to be a game? application? story? book? Idea?

It's a game… everyone else knew that. Eclipse community project means a game that everyone works together on

Wow…  I'm touched that some one remembers me!  Also.. I moved.  No net for a while.  Hence my vanishing act.  I'm back now.  Ask Anna.  :D

I'm making tile sets/sprites for my own game and posting them SLOWLY here as I make them.  Free for all and custom!  I can alter them to make it more scifi than it already will be.  Because if it's scifi I'm in.
[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38417.0](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38417.0)
Although it be cool if we had like….  elves and orks and stuff.... IN a scifi setting.  As if star trek happened all on one planet. 

Vulcans=elves or some such...
Klingons=goblins/orks
Binar=robots. . .  Wait....  >_> . . . Cyborgs.  (Shut up, the Binar were cool!)
Toss in some mutants and a hand full of robots and it'd be the most awesome thing EVER! 
After Raman with a side of fruit.  Because Raman and a side of Fruit is how I power my life.

We could have Stargate like "Portals" to other "Worlds"/lands. 

And light sabers.

And magic.

And . . .  stuff.

XD

You know, fantasy doesn't HAVE to be elves and magic.  I rather dislike magic.

Though in the game I am making there will be "Magic" that will work more like "Chakra".  It's sort of a fine blend of Fantasy and Scifi that would have three main systems as it's back bone.

The life and death system:  Health, perma-death, and the "Holy" system that would let you cheat the perma-death script.

The industry system:  Seasons and days (A script that's already been made for me), resources like farming and mining, user run shops (basically that would be mapped "Shops/stores" you could rent/buy) And user made contract "Quests"

The Military/clans systems:  This one is hard to sum up in a few scripts so I'll just say it uses magic/chakra and user made military "Quests".  It would also involve the ability for players to form governments and take over cities.  XD

Any way my point is you could blend the two, fantasy and scifi, together quite easily if you just take the most common themes from both of them and start there.  In star wars "Magic" was called "The force" and they had light saber fights.  In Star Gate Daniel Jackson died so many times he became a demi-god twice before falling under the command of Moya's captain Crichton and  getting stuck with Aeryn Sun as a crazy girlfriend.  That sounds a lot like some thing Shakespeare would have written.  (In fact, in Stargate they had to find Merlin, so it was literally a blend of the two.)  And in Star Trek who could forget Plato, or Q?  Powerful "Magical" creatures.  (Only Q was more snaky than Plato, but Plato had better abs.)

So I vote for "Both".

We must have posted at nearly the same time.  When I looked to see if it said mine was the last post it said you were.  I was all "Did it not go through?"  O.o

Time periods is interesting.  Or we could have dif races that maybe have different "Time" cultures.  Like the Amish of today living in a high tech world.  ^_^

YES…  A double post!  But some times it must be done!  Because THIS post has a NEW idea! 

Maybe we could do a Steam punk game?  I think that would be cool.  All gothica/metal and gears with a slight touch of magic.  ^_^  *Goes to play with the new mental/metal image*