Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse 3d

zombie0hour

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but 3.0 IS NOT a 3D engine. Its capable of course, but requires a whole re-write of the client… 2D using DirectX is simply 3D with the z axis always set at 0 lol. So 3D isn't something that is too "hard" to be implemented, its just not.

like i said, it should be able to choose from 2d or 3d, 3d would be a whole new era, u know how many ppl would switch from xtremeworlds and bervris and everything!!

Runescape changed their graphics engine completely and it is now fully rendered amazing 3d! Its only if you play in high-detail which you have to be a member to do. They upgraded to next-gen graphics. The free to use low-detail is still the same ol'RS but they have touched it up over the years.

@Lord:

> if it was like Ragnarok Online it would rock

Hence the suffix… Ragna- "rok". lol
It would be easier than a full-on 3D engine since the full-on 3d engine loads the complete 3d textures, ragnarok's engine loads the textures in 2d like DX8 in vbgore does, then configures the dimensions to have multiple sides.

@[SB:

> Sinnix link=topic=39495.msg384170#msg384170 date=1235615168]
> 2d is what makes eclipse unique, but yes 3d would be nice later.

Not really.

There are a ton of 2d engines out there. Mirage is basically the starting point for certain ones like Elysium and Eclipse, and then you have First Star Online or FSO engine, which is used to make Terraworld. Although Eclipse is certainly pushing the better.

lol yeah gotta agree, if you look hard enough there is about 15 engines (or more) based on mirage, all with thier own spin on the engine, sadly we arent allowed to talk about which one is the better - but thats been the way it is on all the boards for years  'no my engines better' .. "NO MY engines better" … "No mine is!!!"  its pretty funny actually.

@[SB:

> Sinnix link=topic=39495.msg384170#msg384170 date=1235615168]
> 2d is what makes eclipse unique, but yes 3d would be nice later.

THeres about a billion other 2d engines and orpg's out there, but theres also about a billion 3d orpg's out there too.