Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Community Project 2.0 part 2

Sylexus44

@Anna:

> Why do you call Dune Post-Apocalyptic but consider Shadowrun to be Star-Wars style?
>
> Edit: I don't like Post-Apocalyptic, but a Dune mmo would be pretty cool.

Dune was just so damn slow… the only bit that I liked was the giant worms and the fat guy getting puss sucked out of his face.

I think the game ought to take the key elliments of many scifies rather than just emulate one world. 

I my self despise Dune, Star wars, and most of other "Epic" space fantasies.  They DO all share key elements, though….

Blood line traits, like the Jedi force or that blue eyed thing.  Plus they are oddly obsessed with large sandy waist lands.

Our game should possibly, there fore, have "Tribes" where if you join one you have special abilities known only to the tribe, AND large sandy barren maps with scant resources.

The tribes them selves could be at war for the resources rather than fight a bunch of pica suffering NPCs.  (If the NPCs don't drop meat and other ANIMAL PARTS count me out of helping!  >_<)  Small countries with little villages would be set up in place of "Races" or "Occupations".  This would allow more open ended playing.  When you join a village you have joined a "Tribe". 

There are other elements that seem to be in many SciFi worlds/games.

Such as energy weapons or a crystal energy power source that has to be mined.  How about odd and yet awesome outfits?  Can any one else think of any other KEY ELEMENTS in a SciFi world that seem to cross over many SciFi?

@TT:

> I think the game ought to take the key elliments of many scifies rather than just emulate one world. 
>
> I my self despise Dune, Star wars, and most of other "Epic" space fantasies.  They DO all share key elements, though….
>
> Blood line traits, like the Jedi force or that blue eyed thing.  Plus they are oddly obsessed with large sandy waist lands.
>
> Our game should possibly, there fore, have "Tribes" where if you join one you have special abilities known only to the tribe, AND large sandy barren maps with scant resources.
>
> The tribes them selves could be at war for the resources rather than fight a bunch of pica suffering NPCs.  (If the NPCs don't drop meat and other ANIMAL PARTS count me out of helping!  >_<)  Small countries with little villages would be set up in place of "Races" or "Occupations".  This would allow more open ended playing.  When you join a village you have joined a "Tribe". 
>
> There are other elements that seem to be in many SciFi worlds/games.
>
> Such as energy weapons or a crystal energy power source that has to be mined.  How about odd and yet awesome outfits?  Can any one else think of any other KEY ELEMENTS in a SciFi world that seem to cross over many SciFi?

I like that idea!

@TT:

> I think the game ought to take the key elliments of many scifies rather than just emulate one world. 
>
> I my self despise Dune, Star wars, and most of other "Epic" space fantasies.  They DO all share key elements, though….
>
> Blood line traits, like the Jedi force or that blue eyed thing.  Plus they are oddly obsessed with large sandy waist lands.
>
> Our game should possibly, there fore, have "Tribes" where if you join one you have special abilities known only to the tribe, AND large sandy barren maps with scant resources.
>
> The tribes them selves could be at war for the resources rather than fight a bunch of pica suffering NPCs.  (If the NPCs don't drop meat and other ANIMAL PARTS count me out of helping!  >_<)  Small countries with little villages would be set up in place of "Races" or "Occupations".  This would allow more open ended playing.  When you join a village you have joined a "Tribe". 
>
> There are other elements that seem to be in many SciFi worlds/games.
>
> Such as energy weapons or a crystal energy power source that has to be mined.  How about odd and yet awesome outfits?  Can any one else think of any other KEY ELEMENTS in a SciFi world that seem to cross over many SciFi?

/sigh

thats really depressing to read count me out guys :( best of luck.

I'd like to help with this if possible xDDDD. Well I voted for something star wars style, I also say we had the flying spaghetti monster somewhere around there, or something like that. lol.

Although you could just do a mash up of everything, after a massive apocalyptic event, only a few groups of futuristic societies throughout the entire space where able to survive, each has developed different abilities (something jedi like maybe) that have allowed them to continue living in such a fierce universe, as food is scarce, they are constantly in battle for the few resources they have. One of this civilizations tried to develop some kind of bacteria that would make them stronger, and give them the advantage over the rest, something went wrong, and all the inhabitants of that place turned into cannibalistic zombies that slowly have begun to infest the entire space, making surviving even harsher to those remaining…

OK OK I might have just gone a little bit crazy on that one lol xDDDDDDD.