Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want to use Eclipse 1.0…

FinalFlame

NEVER attempt to use an older version since a newer one doesn't work.

You need to install all of the library files (down the zip, extract it, then run "Run First", "Run Second", and "Run Third")

What operating system are you using?  If you're using Vista, extra steps are needed ([**refer to this post**](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38932.0)).

I do kinda mean installing the library files… I ran the first one... then second one... and they both worked fine. But when I was installing the third one, a couple messages came up about something not installing and about something installing correctly. When I try to open the server for the new version, it says error loading script engine.

@FinalFlame:

> I do kinda mean installing the library files… I ran the first one... then second one... and they both worked fine. But when I was installing the third one, a couple messages came up about something not installing and about something installing correctly. When I try to open the server for the new version, it says error loading script engine.

Take note of the ones that are not registering; you'll have to manually register them

Put that file in your system32 folder: C:\windows\system32.
Go to start, run, then type in **regsvr32 file.dll**
(replace "file.dll" with the file that needs to be registered)

What operating system to do you have?

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> Take note of the ones that are not registering; you'll have to manually register them
>
> Put that file in your system32 folder: C:\windows\system32.
> Go to start, run, then type in **regsvr32 file.dll**
> (replace "file.dll" with the file that needs to be registered)
>
> What operating system to do you have?

That sounds complicated. That's exactly why I used the old version. Well, besides from the fact that it was a hell of a lot easier to use. Why doesn't it work anymore?

I had the same problem as FinalFlame once, with the third execution.

You have to manually register the files.

(Right click, open with… regsrvr32.exe (I think thats the file name). Do that for one OCX and one DLL, and tick the "Always use this program to run this file" and then you just need to hit enter on all the DLLs and OCXs.

If you can't do this, you shouldn't use *any* MMO program. Eclipse is about as simple/easy as it gets.

@FinalFlame:

> oh sorry about the operating system… I forgot to answer. I'm using Windows XP. But nobody answered my question, why doesn't Total Eclipse Final work anymore, and if it doesn't work, why is it on the website?

Total Eclipse should have been taken off the website a long time ago… The scripts in the Script Database are usually not compatible with TE, that version is not as easy to use as Eclipse Evolution (in my opinion), and it's more buggy than EE...
Just register those files that one way (it's not too complicated, it only takes afew seconds if you do it either of the two methods above).

If you want, you can first try [**running this fix**](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38932.0) (I know I say it's for vista, but it may fix your XP problem too, it has in the past).
After that, try running Eclipse Evolution 2.7 again, let me know if it works

@azkanan:

> I had the same problem as FinalFlame once, with the third execution.
>
> You have to manually register the files.
>
> (Right click, open with… regsrvr32.exe (I think thats the file name). Do that for one OCX and one DLL, and tick the "Always use this program to run this file" and then you just need to hit enter on all the DLLs and OCXs.
>
> If you can't do this, you shouldn't use *any* MMO program. Eclipse is about as simple/easy as it gets.

This will fix it.

@azkanan:

> I had the same problem as FinalFlame once, with the third execution.
>
> You have to manually register the files.
>
> (Right click, open with… regsrvr32.exe (I think thats the file name). Do that for one OCX and one DLL, and tick the "Always use this program to run this file" and then you just need to hit enter on all the DLLs and OCXs.
>
> If you can't do this, you shouldn't use *any* MMO program. Eclipse is about as simple/easy as it gets.

It's regsvr32.exe (see my post above), and if it isn't on that open with list, click "Browse"; it's located in the system32 folder

You can do it this way, but the other way may be better because if you ever delete those files for some reason, it won't find them again; while with the other way, they will be in your system32 folder, so it's unlikely they will be deleted.

@azkanan:

> This will fix it.

Ha, too bad it didn't when I tried it! Even when i'm registering the files, it doesn't work… I'M PISSED! I want to map for people but nobody will hire me without a map example which I CAN'T MAKE because Eclipse doesn't work! OMG!

@FinalFlame:

> Ha, too bad it didn't when I tried it! Even when i'm registering the files, it doesn't work… I'M PISSED! I want to map for people but nobody will hire me without a map example which I CAN'T MAKE because Eclipse doesn't work! OMG!

It wouldn't matter if people hired you anyway, you can't run Eclipse so your no good to anyone… -.- Delete EVERYTHING you have from eclipse on your computer, then redownload it. Re-install libraries just to be sure.