Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Language

Ishmell

Looking at some scripts people have made and tutorials to install them I dont seem to understand some of the language used. Since im still fairly new to eclipse I hope you guys can clear a few things up for me.

In a scripting tutorial when someone says add this into Sub "some name" what do they mean by that?

I had more questions just kind of forgotten as I wrote this post. Soon as I remember ill be sure to post them here.

The scripting language is called Sadscript.

A sub, is like a function
Say you have:
Sub omgYea(index)
   random commands
   random commands
   ….
   random commands
end sub

Then, later in the script, you can call that sub by saying "Call omgYea(index)" or something like that

Sadscript is alot like Visual Basic 6.0.
In the announcements section of this board, you can find the sadscript commands

Alright, thanks I think I have a better understanding of how it works with that part. Another thing I was wondering was how the source would affect the client and server when changed. I have been doing some of my own custom work but I still dont have the understanding of how the source affects the client and server. Also I downloaded the source from the site and worked with that a bit. How would I make it affect a client and server in a different folder? would I copy and paste the source folder over?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Well, you will use the source to make a new Client.exe or Server.exe and you can compile that with VB 6.0 and then put the EXE file into the folder that is the real thing.
Do you get it? I'll explain more when I get to school, if you don't.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Ishmell:

> Oh i get it, I haven't made .exe's before with vb. If you wouldn't mind explaining the steps needed to make a client/server .exe using the source, I would be most grateful.

When you're done editing, you go to "File" and click "Make server.exe" (or client.exe if you're in the client)