Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NPC's Talk?

Ishmell

@Ishmell:

> Alright thanks for the support. I was also wondering if there was a way to display a video file before the main menu loaded when the client.exe was run?

Maybe but that would be source… Making a video execute before the client. I think 3.0 will have a 4 frame animation for the menus that all i know. For the menu pop ups just make a cool menu with text and a picture of the NPC. Call custom menu and play mp3.  Hope that helps... (sorry typing really fast)

@[SF:

> Irhymer link=topic=40499.msg398005#msg398005 date=1237080840]
> Maybe but that would be source… Making a video execute before the client. I think 3.0 will have a 4 frame animation for the menus that all i know. For the menu pop ups just make a cool menu with text and a picture of the NPC. Call custom menu and play mp3.  Hope that helps... (sorry typing really fast)

Not sure how well this works, but:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=34099.0

@ZelconGames:

> P.S. Voices playing when you talk to NPC's? _That would take a looooong time to create_.

Not really. My computer has a built in recorder. I just get a couple voice actors, we record, then add it into the game. For me, im only putting intro sounds (like in zelda). Like the NPC says "watsup" but theirs like a paragraph to read. I only use custom menus and sound for NPC's that have an important rol in the game, lus it akes missions come to life. You'll see when my game is complete. :P

@[SF:

> Irhymer link=topic=40499.msg398489#msg398489 date=1237133700]
> Not really. My computer has a built in recorder. I just get a couple voice actors, we record, then add it into the game. For me, im only putting intro sounds (like in zelda). Like the NPC says "watsup" but theirs like a paragraph to read. I only use custom menus and sound for NPC's that have an important rol in the game, lus it akes missions come to life. You'll see when my game is complete. :P

If you're only putting introductory sounds, then it would be much easier.