Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NoName game

Colbis

This a is a section of map that one of my mappers needs suggestion's, or what we call it in the gaming community ( helpful Criticism). Now i know the lava area's are open and need more detail that's on the list but anything else please post a suggestion. And rate if you would like ?/10\. Up to you.  Thx

I think the edges of the lava need blending tiles ( like the sides have rock edges, *already in gfx). And yah where the tree is makes it look really weird. Maybe add some rocks in the lava, some burning fires (with animation) and some lava creatures, and your good. I cant tell if the platform is a bridge or a ground though.  :huh:

ok he just IMed me, he is trying to go for a pathway that is invisibly suspended in the air i guess with magic or something. And the tree is supposed to be behind the separate path not sure how he is doing it exactly. That's why i asked for suggestions.

Yah just put the tree under both paths. When you see it in game it kills the illusion of 3d kind of like going under stuff. Anyone try it… make a tree a total fringe then walk under it.. then walk around and you feel like your under all the tees.. its all about making the illusion of 3d in 2d.  ;)

ah what i am going for is trying to make it look like the path way is above the next map you walk thru this one fighting some npcs and make way to another warp that takes you to the lava ground and what colbis forgot to mention i said this map was only 30% done. and yes the lava needs work. now the tree is growing from the ground which you can see the path is just passing over one area of the tree it looks better in game then the pic makes it. other problem having is finding or making a tile that works on the sqaure turns of the path way would like to keep them curved like the outer is any help with that would be great.

Well their is one rock and lava curved in the same sheet as the lava, but then you would have to change the walking layer to dark grael like the curved tile. I think it might look better anyways. How about i make an example map just like that but with the tiles i'm talking about… :cheesy:
Ill be back in 30 min with the product... maybe ;)

to get a feel for what DC is trying to do plz come join the server, for a test run it will be up tom. at no later then 4pm here is the link for the client[http://hosted.filefront.com/Colbis](http://hosted.filefront.com/Colbis)

nice try with the map, you need more objects trees, rocks, and other stuff(more details) to make it feel more natural, (a forest w/out trees is not a forest, you get what im saying?)

the lava map… wtf the walkable area needs smooth transitions w/ the lava.
you may need to make custom tiles for the best results.

overall 7/10

@Yhello:

> These tiles fit toghether right Irhymer

thank you
@Colbis:

> to get a feel for what DC is trying to do plz come join the server, for a test run it will be up tom. at no later then 4pm here is the link for the client[http://hosted.filefront.com/Colbis](http://hosted.filefront.com/Colbis)

i will try to get on today…
@Tenjimaru:

> nice try with the map, you need more objects trees, rocks, and other stuff(more details) to make it feel more natural, (a forest w/out trees is not a forest, you get what im saying?)
>
> the lava map… wtf the walkable area needs smooth transitions w/ the lava.
> you may need to make custom tiles for the best results.
>
> overall 7/10

is that to me or colbis

Ahum… off-topic?

Guys, about the tree:
Imagine the tree is 3 foot high, and the walkfield is 2.5foot, then it's logical that the tree is below one piece, and above the other.
About the transitions, it's higher then the lava, the lava is supposed to move through it.

@the creator: you should make the toppest tiles of the walkfield to mask1, and place lava on ground.