Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Newb: Startup Problems

DoorsBane

I'm a long-time fan of the Eclipse engine. I used to use it 4 or 5 years ago when I downloaded everything from the old site (I still remember 'Touch of Death Productions' and the amazing logo that site had) so I just checked my old spam-mail account and saw a letter you guys sent out and I decided to get back into the system.

So, I just downloaded and installed the client, server, and runtime files but the client only boots up and doesn't respond. I can start up the client and it lets me choose my server, then it loads, and gets to the sign up/log in screen and that screen doesn't respond.

So, since it doesn't respond it won't let me create a character. If I can't create a character then I can't make him an admin and start up my old hobby of mapping and screwing around.

It's nice to see the community's still going strong and that it's progressed so much. I look forward to maybe seeing some old faces I know and making new friends on here. (I believe my old username used to be Lonewolfu571)

Just in case, I'll uninstall the reinstall everything to make. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks for everything.

P.S. I've attached a photo. I don't know if that helps any. Also, I use Windows 8.