Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windowed Dialog Text

ryonn

Hi,

How can I make windowed dialog text?
That means, if I talk to NPC, what NPC says is shown not in the chatbox, but in the bottom of the map (much like Final Fantasy 4,5,6 or Chrono Trigger dialog window)

Update: The item description on mouseover feature if used for the dialog window will be great

How can I achieve this?
Please help

• 3 months later...
You want it to where, when you engage interaction with an npc, a custom window will pop up with the NPC's? Message?

~~I have a script that does exactly that. One moment let me find it.~~ Sorry, can't find it >.< If I come across it later, I'll give it to you, otherwise just search for it or I believe Elements-Online had it in their open source.

Easiest would be to make a new form in VB set out a box for a picture (or skip it) call it like NPC chat, set area for the text to display and make a scripted NPC that call for the form to show, like Call NPCchat(Index, "Hello you friggin noob", "GUI\CUSTOM\npc.gif")

And in VB yu the first value to MyIndex and the second will be read in the textfield and the last will tell the game which NPC picture to call and put in the picturebox.

EDIT:
Index means the player btw, so that it only shows to the player who calls the chat.