Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Editing and Downsizing Tilesets/Items

anhkanm

I just looked through and downloaded a bunch of tile sets, and items that were in a tile set format.

1\. How can I edit these tile sets together to downsize the number of tile sets I'm using in the game?

2\. How can I go about separating my items and making sure they are ready to be used by eclipse as I need them?

I've been seeing some really cool tile sets, and I like pieces of all of them, but I'm thinking less is more here. I want my game to have plenty of effects, but I don't want to lag it down with a bunch of junk that I may not even use.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help on this,

Anhkanm

Obviously piecing them all together is your best bet by hand. The bad thing is, is that it is very time consuming. I generally use GIMP as standard Microsoft Paint does not work well with transparency. The examples that already exist will give you a good idea of the layout items and such should be for eclipse.

As for the tilesets I recommend you keep them small even though you will have more, it will be more compatible on more graphic cards that way.

ok so put all the items together as they would be in a tileset? like multiple items to a sheet?

Just trying to make sure I grasp the matter completely here lol.

Thanks for you're help kind sir. I was well on my way to making some computers crash probably lol.

no your gonna need to break up the sets if its for items, and trust me those little 32 x 32 images dont take up too much space.  if you could get a big tilesheet with all your items on it to work than every time your game spawns an item it would have to load the whole tileset, (this way is faster) Hope i helped :)

I just realized this was for gold or silver,  I dont know much about them so feel free to correct me if im wrong.