• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to make a block square that arrows can pass through

Diskmaster

STEP 1, Lay down your map how you would normally
STEP 2, Go onto Attributes, then push down the Guild Block attribute
STEP 3 Type in a random jumble of letters and numbers into the guild block
STEP 4, Put the Guild Block you just put all those random letters and numbers in where you would put the Block attribute.
(Optional STEP 5) You could also use the key attribute (instead of the Guild Block) and set the key as a currency (because you cannot open a door with a currency), both work well but I reccomend the Guild block incase you ever switch items
And now You are Done!!!  The Guild Blocks count as blocks, but arrows can pass thru, I have seen some concerns about this and I just wanted to get it out in the open :azn:

• 2 weeks later...
@King:

> question is can NPC go over it?
> I mean roof block does same thing, however npc's can pass it but players cannot.

It use to be, where all attributes would block an NPC, but somewhere down the road, someone changed it so the only attributes that block NPCs now, are NPC Avoid, and Block.

@King:

> perhaps you could script it so the block doesnt block arrows :\ or that arrows dont get blocked by Block (its the same thing, i think)

Scripting a block is actually very easy.  There's a BlockPlayer sub in the Script Database, just install that, then under a scripted tile, use:
Call BlockPlayer(Index)
That's about it, really.

EDIT: Then, you can create level blocks using that too.
e.g., under a scripted tile:
If GetPlayerLevel(Index) < 5 Then
  Call BlockPlayer(Index)
  Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You must be atleast level 5 to pass", RED)
End If

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This is pretty old.

Also in EE 2.6 any tile attribute that wasn't Block, or NPC Avoid, would allow NPCs to enter it. So it made it a lot harder to use this technique (I used to use Class Block in my mapping for shootable cover). I'm not sure if this is still an issue in Eclipse Stable or newer 2.7/2.8 releases.

• 7 months later...