Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weird computer problem

zade_o

I'm not really sure how to word this in google to find a solution…

basically, I have a HP desktop. It had windows xp installed on it with C: as the main directory and D: as the recovery drive. I believe it's one harddrive that's partitioned.

I wiped it and reinstalled Windows XP Media Center on it. Somehow now D: is used as the main directory and C: is used as the recovery drive, but everything on the computer assumes C: is the main directory so it's saying I'm low on memory even though the D: drive has 100GB of space left.... what do I do about this?

Basically I need to make D: the main partition as opposed to the recovery partition since it has the main memory space. Idk how though.

I think the restore partitions are designed for you to burn onto a DVD to act as a system restore disc. But yeah they are relatively worthless… the only problems I've had reformating/reinstalling Windows on it is getting some drivers for motherboard stuff.

I have no idea how the restore partition was designated as C:, that is really really strange. Must have been something you did when you reformat the main partition.

This happened to me, when you format C, D becomes C so really your screwed, you should have reformatted threw the d drive, its  has a back to factory settings one try it now