Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there a free easy to use program to amke music?

ZeroOnlin200

You might find some programs that compose "random" midi music by clicking a few buttons. Its called Easy Music Composer, but its not free. Even if it makes things easier, your still gonna require some knowledge about music.

There might be other free programs but they are not "easy to use 1 click make music software".

I'd recommend FL Studio (Not free) or Reaper (not free either).
You can always use the Garageband (buy a mac and not free either) like software.

Otherwise, without real instruments and a studio/decent record program and without any knowledge about music theory and composing, you can as well start forgetting about it.

You can always hire someone else to do it for you.

Buy FL Studio (I know its not free. Good things are not free in this life). Its one of the best DAWs along with Reaper and Cubase, and i personally use it. It also comes with a wide variety of VST Plugins you can use.

Here you go: http://flstudio.image-line.com/

I have a recording studio I used to make STO's music

It involves first a score, next to do it with whatever instruments im going to use followed by synth and then more digital stuff. Then a mixer and its compiled into a soundboard midi machine where i can edit it on my laptop from there. It sounds professional and is made in a professional manner 8 bit music midi's however are usually made with a midi device such as a piano and knowledge of music theory….as well as the ability to play a keyboard.

Well, right now I personally have a pretty complex setup, but I originally started with the basics, namely free programs.  Never forget that Finale, Sibelius, and Anvil Studios are always options if you're on a tight budget.  Anvil is certainly not a great program, but if you need to crank out midis, it's workable.  It also comes with a decent sound bank if you don't feel like scouring the internet to find better sounding instruments. 

If you need higher quality sound, though, unless you find some really good, free midi banks, you'd be better off either actually buying software or recording live instruments.  Also, most Adobe programs are free for 30 days, and Audition and Audacity are always nice to have.  I personally use a variety of programs, including most of the ones mentioned here, plus Sonar Cakewalk and a few others, plus quite a few actual instruments, including keyboards.  Add in vocals and yeah, producing music becomes pretty expensive.

Bottom line, if you're making midis for free, stick to something like Anvil Studios.  Not that great, but effective enough.  The other options people have mentioned are also good, although most of them aren't free. 

[Link to Anvil Studios](http://www.anvilstudio.com/)