Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In need of a hope, prayer, or a vb god!

rodneymillerpca

Greetings,
              Been a long time since I've been here, however glad to see home is still standing.

To make a long story short WorldOfOurs which was born from eclipse 4.5 in 2005 and moved to many versions and engines till it's death in 2008 is trying to get reborn. Since I put the project to rest, a few long term great players want to revive it. I gave them my blessing and WOO version 3.0 which is built on TE1.0\. When the CD was burnt for some freak accident the items folder was not included or it discombobulated. Everything else is intact. I followed my notes and placed in the items.bmp paperdoll item sheet which a few long term people here helped in creating. For some strange reason it is not loading right where a portion is not showing up in the item editor the way it should [http://dog.servegame.org/misc/scroll.bmp](http://dog.servegame.org/misc/scroll.bmp) the sheet here is how it should appear [http://dog.servegame.org/misc/items.bmp](http://dog.servegame.org/misc/items.bmp) I have been tinkering like crazy for almost 20 hours straight and many of woo's friends and fans that know vb have tried figuring this out. For some reason although it is 20097 long it stops displaying at 16384.

It is really important for these old timers to get this back up. Al thought I am just helping them till they get on there feet and no longer a devloper on the progect I plan one they get it running. I also plan to get another press release going to hit the news with it. Last time we hit 2 major magazines, and a phila. news paper and news channel.

Does anyone here have a clue how to get this sheet displaying full, another sheet with about 600 items (only about 150 paperdoll) or convert it to the new eclipse? Any ideas at all? The only real catch here is the current maps, and preferably the npc do not get lost. Also it must be on an Eclipse engine. Take it from me Eclipse and woo go together like peanut butter and jelly.  Woo has barfed up to many other engines. rofl
Thanks all and god bless.

@мсичġġεт:

> Ok ctr-f 16384\. And list what Things you find. I'll be back tommorrow. So another user should help you.

Thank you again for the reply. I have tried that. I have also tried searching for the items.bmp. I have also tried every adjustment i could think of on the itemeditor form for vscroll, hscroll, picpic, and picitems. I seem to remember I had to change something in picpic but for the life of me I can't remember.

I should also post the client source can be found here http://dog.servegame.org/misc/te1woo3client.rar

@Sealbreaker:

> does this mean, your game was presented in 2 magazines and on tv??? o.0

Yes. It is not my game however. WOO was originally created as a boy scout merit badge project. The original concept is WorldOfOurs =A complete active world that belongs to everyone and no one. I think that is what makes it so special.

@Sealbreaker:

> and you or whoever had nothing to pay for the presentation???? if so: i wanna know, how u reached that =P

No. WorldOfOurs didn't pay for that. I contacted a scouting magazine about the project to encourage others to do a project similar. It then snowballed from there. WorldOfOurs has many times sponsored local events to put the word out and support the community though.

I'll share my vast experience with all. 1) Create a game to get rich or famous 99.999% it will fail. 2) Create a unique idea and you will prosper. 3) Be free and honest to your community, and  when disaster hits it will come to you in time of need. 4)Give credit where credit is due! 5)Never continue to improve, upgrade, change without feedback from your players. (I learned this the hard way)

@IceCream:

> lol Rodney is back!!! I remember World Of Ours, use to play it. That and Sams Game Exotica online or something..

Greetings old friend,
                          A player and a big help. Your WOO account still sits safely in waiting. Unfortunately do to one of my goof ups, Items are messed up but everything else is safe. Glad to see an old friend in here :-)

@Sealbreaker:

> doublepost.. =P
> but anyways^^ : thank you for your tips and the story… ( you deserve that post-count-up xD )

As a person whom has built a fence I have learned double posts are best. rofl. Thank you for the count. As a veteran of many years here my two stars are sad. rofl.  Anyone notice we off topic? rofl.

even though im new to my knowledge shouldnt you be able to find the template for the items and stuff here on the site and then stretch or shrink the items sheet of yours accordingly so it fits in the template? i may be wrong im pretty new to these forums.

@dsilverwolf:

> even though im new to my knowledge shouldnt you be able to find the template for the items and stuff here on the site and then stretch or shrink the items sheet of yours accordingly so it fits in the template? i may be wrong im pretty new to these forums.

Greetings,
            Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your post.

To answer your question. Normally yes. When you are using the current server client software here you will 99.99% of the time find what you need or find someone willing to help.

However the version (TE 1.0) WorldOfOurs 3.0 is using is how shall we say the classic version. Currently WOO members are scrounging this forums deepest oldest archives * looking for different paper doll item sheets as well as other ideas that may help. It is just driving us nuts do to the fact this sheet worked before perfectly. It is an unusually large amount of items is the difficulty. This version of WOO has six areas with 100 items an area thirty of which are paper dolled.

Again thank you for the post and welcome.

*Marsh it sure would be nice to have lights, a few brooms, and dustpans down here!  :huh: