Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[RTE] [EE2.7] Run-time error 429

sidewing

Hello friend. Welcome to Eclipse.

I think I got the solution for your problem…You must have Windows XP for this, I don't know how to do it for other OS... do this:
Go to you Client folder, double click on Data. You will find there a .dll there called scrrun (scrrun.dll). Do this:
-Right click on scrrun.dll and click in "Open with" and then "Choose program".
-A window will appear, click again in "Open with" and then "Select a program in the list". Now click on "Browse", or search or whatever (I am sorry, I am not using an english Windows...). Now look for x:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.EXE
-Click "Ok" and that's done!

Hope it helped you!

Install [ELI](http://www.worldwarproductions.com/eli/ELI%202%20Beta.exe) as a system administrator. If you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7 then right-click on the executable, go to properties and select the Security tab. Then enable the option 'Run as administrator'.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@thesoulofDeath:

> Im haveing the same problem im trying Xeonpt's method (im running windows xp) and was able to get to the final step, but i cant find x:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.EXE (i've been saving everything to my desktop if that helps)

Try either my method or search in C:\WINDOWS\System32\ for regsvr32.exe.

Regards,
  Godlord.

> If you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7 then right-click on the executable, go to properties and select the Security tab. Then enable the option 'Run as administrator'.

On Windows XP and older I recommend to just have administrator privileges.

> what is ELI?

ELI stands for the Eclipse Library Installer and installs most files required to run Eclipse.

Regards,
  Godlord.

(I'm really sorry for all these questions)
I went to the library installer, installed it, and it game me a "test your computer speed" icon on my desktop, I went to open up the server, to see if it would work anyway, but its didn't, what now? (do i need internet conection, the current computer im doing this on does not, so if i do i'll need to move the files to a different one)

when i first read your original post i thought the ELI refered to the library files i orginally downloaded (& it might be i dont know) but im downloading the link you gave anyway, and gonna try it and see what happens, whith my computers ridiculusly slow speed, its gonna be a while before its downloaded, so thats all the help i need at the moment, thanx for all your time youve spent trying to help me

well i downloaded the ELI but when i told it to run as administrator it gave me not a valid Win32 application could this be because im running windows xp, not vista
also, I have not changed anything, i have just tried running the server, could this be my error, is there something i need to change first? (if so, plz explain where)