Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HOW TO MAKE A SHOP (another Diskmaster noob-friendly tutorial)

Diskmaster

Welcome all you eclipse users (especially new ones). This tutorial will teach you how to make a shop! Ok, first thing you are wondering is HOW CAN I MAKE A SHOP, IT SAYS I NEED TO HAVE A CURRENCY!!!  Not to worry, making a currency is very easy! First, go onto edit items, and select whatever slot you want your currency to be. when you open the editing items screen, it may be a bit confusing on how to actually MAKE the currency, but it is quite simple! First, go onto the item's attribute and scroll down to currency as seen HERE:
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/c2cbd1112fb800a38744b96eaafe13b2.jpg)
Once you have that, set it as stackable, name it, choose it's picture, and give it a description.  Once you have all of that done, save the item and now go onto edit shops! NOW YOU CAN START BUILDING YOUR SHOP and that is all pretty straightforward, no need to explain.  AND if you want to get all fancy and such, make a scripted NPC and under the Scripted NPC sub, put this:
```
Case 1
Call GoShopping(index, 1)

```change the 1 next to index to whatever your shop number is that you want the NPC to open. Oh, and change the Case 1 to Case whatever the last case was +1
I hope this helped all u noobs out there, and good luck making your games!! XD

@«umbra»:

> Nope, when it comes to Function, Sub and Variable names VBScript is case insensitive.
>
> But I prefer to go ThisIsASub. Makes it easier to read.

It's also good in VB-methods to use capital letters (whereas, it's lowercase with c-type).

e.g.:

If GetPlayerLevel(Index) <= 4 Then
  Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Your level is too low!", RED)
  Call BlockPlayer(Index)
End If
Exit Sub

@Ruins:

> Isn't this a bit too easy to be a tutorial, just saying, all it is that you need to do a little searching down the item maker. Although I've seen "how do I make a shop says I need currency" So I guess this is useful… Oh well.

You'd be surprised how many times I've seen "how do i make shop" or "i need currency error help" in the Questions board.

• 2 weeks later...
@SFMapleMasta:

> how did you get all that stuff!?
> all i have is armor and swords and stuff…did you need to draw those?
> cause idk how to make crystals and stuff in the sprite maker... :lipsrsealed:

It's in one other other paperdoll templates (check the resources section or the paperdoll section)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...