Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Removing marked as Player Killers

Genosha

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to remove players being marked as Player Killers after killing someone. I would like it so that their name doesn't turn red after killing some one. Any Help would be appreciated.

I am using Eclipse 2.7 if that helps.

There are 2 alternatives. You can either change the color to Brown when a player kills, but the player would still be considered a pker. The other way is to set the players PK status when he kills to None.

Maybe something like this:
```
            If GetPlayerPK(Victim) = NO Then
                If GetPlayerPK(Attacker) = NO Then
                    Call SetPlayerPK(Attacker, NO)
                    Call SendPlayerData(Attacker)
End If
            Else
                Call SetPlayerPK(Victim, NO)
                Call SendPlayerData(Victim)
            End If

```

In ModGameLogic, server side, under the AttackPlayer Sub, search for "has been deemed a player killer!". Thats the part that that sets your PK status so find

```
Call SetPlayerPK(Attacker, YES)
```
and change it to

```
Call SetPlayerPK(Attacker, NO)
```

Well, I opened up the file and it showed everything fine, I found what I had to edit it and it seems that Visual Basic 08 works fine for me though. Do I just copy and paste the source files from the source to the regular server folder to get is to work? Or do I have to transfer all my files from the regular to the source folder? Thanks.

@Genosha:

> Well, I opened up the file and it showed everything fine, I found what I had to edit it and it seems that Visual Basic 08 works fine for me though. Do I just copy and paste the source files from the source to the regular server folder to get is to work? Or do I have to transfer all my files from the regular to the source folder? Thanks.

Visual Basic 6 has the .net framework; you will not be able to sucsessfully compile the source with that.

But regardless, you edit the "Project" as a whole.
In the client, I believe it's "Eclipse.vpb", if it's the server, it's "Server.vpb"; either way, you open up the VPB file.

But yea, the only legal way of getting Visual Basic 6, is buying it secondhand; you could buy it from eBay, but you're going to end up paying afew hundred.

You can get Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise or Professional Edition for like, $20 as a computer show; then, there are the [illegal](http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vb6+torrent+plox) methods.

Ok, when ever I try to install Visual Basic 6, it just freezes every time when I try to install. It says, "Setup is searching for installed components" and it freezes there. It is Visual Basic 6 Enterprise and I am using Windows XP Media Center SP 3\. You sure there isn't any other version of Visual Basic that will work? I have tried looking for a fix, but I have found none. Thanks.