Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mapping Question

pRoX

I'm in the process of making my first map, and I was wondering if the number of layers (ground, mask 1/2, etc) had any impact on the performance of the server?

I'm making an experimental map with the default tiles and I'm using a pattern that's heavy on layers.  It probably won't make into the game but it would be nice to know for future reference.

Thanks in advance!

P.S: woot pedobear? :renzo:

You can script a sprite change on the map when using CTRL. You could also do a "mini" source edit. ex. make TAB or some other button that aren't used to call up a script in your main.txt like a "dooropener" or something like that.

Command in VB is called vbKeyButton where button is the button you wanna you wanna use I think. And I think it is in the ModGameLogic file, but not sure since I'm at work :)

Cool mate, I might go with your suggestion in the future.  It's become more of a problem now that I've been thinking of making roof disappear once a player goes inside a house per say.  Though I'm sure that would be a lot more problematic since the tiles would have to change only to the player entering the house.

Thanks again!