Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hand drawn maps (and game?)

roundkickkid

ok i know its possible and its eitehr a hand drawn mmorpg or zombie mmorpg (seen some good looking zombie ones aready being made and thought why make my own or make this!) so i was thinking of making hand drawn tilesets (dont know if i would post to the public as A. its a game of custom hand drawings adn dont want it to be copied and B.im not the best drawer) so is it possible to say hand draw a map that when scanned and refitted so it would be the right size for a 30x30 map to add it in the game and if so how would i? i know i could make tilesets but is it possible to just hand draw all the maps and then put each map in the game?

Step by Step Guide.

1\. Get the size of your Eclipse map in pixels (I'll go with 20 X 20)
2\. Turn the pixel size into CM
NOTE: Resolution effects pixel size. This conversion is very rough.
3\. Get a piece of paper the same size as the map.
4\. Draw your map.
5\. Scan it in.
6\. Open a program like Paint.NET or Photoshop and turn the map into tiles.
7\. Put tiles into game

It would be easier to buy a graphics tablet and draw the tiles by hand though.

i had this idea long ago… i'm still working on this.. but in fact i wanted to be the first one with this idea... i have: more than 20 papers full of drawn tiles... i'll make a map now and post it in a minut or something.... my project is going to be a sidescroller.. but not with jumping... type in: pi story in youtube and see how i want it to make....
i'm also not the best at drawing...lol ^^

here, a not really good map and there's also no sky ( backround ) also the ground is bad.. but.. just to show you how it could look like.... =P

@Sealbreaker:

> issues.. like? ^^

The repeating, colours and the forms mainly. They look nice, but using more digital tools might make them look better as you've a wider access to your artwork, as in you can modify each pixel.

Regards,
  Godlord.

> and even harder with pencil-drawn art

thats the problem… its actually REALLY HARD >.<
a longer time ago i had the same tile ground, but i got the perfect ,,spot" of my drawn tiles i took the green from, so it looked really good... but the data was deleted by my brother >.<  so i stopped working on the project... later i wanted to make it again ( with a backup-copy - lol ) and i thought: hey, why not add some more color to the tiles... and since then the grass is fked up, no matter from what spot of my drawn grass i take it from... it just looks like shit... <.<