Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Noob Pixels

so pixel, wow much noob, good color. LOL anyways, I've tried pixeling a bit, and of course I know I'm not the best, I'm actually quite terrible. I'm horrible at shading but I figured I'd give it my best, its not much so far but I'll update as I go. The sprite I'm going to be using will be MUCH smaller than the one I'm currently using, so please take that into consideration. 

![](http://imageshack.com/a/img401/6852/2ooc.png)

> EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

Constructive criticism could've been better on how I could improve would have been alot nicer, thanks. 

> I'm not that great at pixel either. Those trees though could be done better though, it's a time consuming process for those who don't know the secret. My lame attempt at a pine tree!
>
> ![](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/public/style_images/Eclipse_XGame_Images/attachicon.gif)[Tree.png](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=1066)

I like it, not bad. Like I said, I'm basically the worst pixeler out there, but I'll try and improve it :)

It looks ok, the colours seem to be a bit of an eyesore, maybe dim them down a bit.

Also, should the tree have no shadow? do leaves in real life gradient from darkest at the bottom do brightest at the top? 

The flat base of the tree makes it look like the tree is lying on the ground, add a bit of a curve to it.

I know the way I've put all this across may seem harsh, but as you said, constructive criticism.

Oh and with any advice, you don't actually have to listen to any of it.

> It looks ok, the colours seem to be a bit of an eyesore, maybe dim them down a bit.
>
> Also, should the tree have no shadow? do leaves in real life gradient from darkest at the bottom do brightest at the top? 
>
> The flat base of the tree makes it look like the tree is lying on the ground, add a bit of a curve to it.
>
>  
>
> I know the way I've put all this across may seem harsh, but as you said, constructive criticism.
>
> Oh and with any advice, you don't actually have to listen to any of it.

Now thats much better, I'll try a different pallete and add more roundness to it. And I was trying to differ the light, as if its coming from the top and the bottom wouldn't be as..lightful I guess, lol. Its a work in progress and I'm by far no artist.

I have some tips for you,

Try to use a small amount of colors with high contrast.I made a tree with 4 colors for the leaves and 4 for the trunk , but there was a lot of contrast between then.That adds depth.

Choose a light source and stick with it.It seems like you chose a top light I can see it on the leaves but I didnt feel that on the trunk.

I know you probably want this style but in my opinion , if you make it bigger you can add more detail!

I hope it helped!