Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Change Character Stats 2.8

birdy266

Ok so I got both Eclipse 2.8 and Eclipse Evolution I think it is. Anyway I've decided to use 2.8 but I noticed on Evolution you can edit the characters stats through notepad (in account folder) but I can't find a way to do this is 2.8 as in the account folder it has the users folder and then .dat files. Does anyone know how to change the stats of users characters/users?

Sorry I hope you understand my post.

[HP]
AddPerLevel=10
AddPerStr=10
AddPerDef=0
AddPerMagi=0
AddPerSpeed=0
[MP]
AddPerLevel=10
AddPerStr=0
AddPerDef=0
AddPerMagi=10
AddPerSpeed=0
[SP]
AddPerLevel=10
AddPerStr=0
AddPerDef=0
AddPerMagi=0
AddPerSpeed=20

Thats what it is. How would I change that for player use?

You may be referring to Eclipse Evolution 1.0 where you can edit the state, whereas Eclipse Evolution 2.8, you cannot edit the individual character's stats.

The way the characters use to be saved, were as .ini files, but .dat files are much faster and more efficiency, reduce lag, etc (refer to [this topic](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,47949.msg492847.html#msg492847) for more on the inefficiency of inis).

This doesn't mean you cannot edit the character's stats though, it just means you cannot do it directly.
With a basic knowledge of scripting, you can modify the character (I may make a tutorial on this).

For example, say you want to change Joe's character "EpicJ", say you want to change his name to "EpicP" or something of that nature.
Best way to change a character, is to throw it into the Sub JoinGame like so:
```
If GetPlayerName(Index) = "EpicJ" Then
  If GetVar("PlayerChange.ini", GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "", GetPlayerName(Index) & "") = "" Then
      Call SetPlayerName(Index, "EpicP")
      Call SendPlayerData(Index)
      Call PutVar("PlayerChange.ini", GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "", GetPlayerName(Index) & "", "Done")
  End If
End If

```Then, next time joe logs in with his "EpicJ" character, it will be changed, and the word "Done" will be put under his name in the PlayerChagne.ini file (will be located in the server; it will auto-generate).
Check your ini every day, if it looks like this:
```
[Joe]
EpicJ=Done

```Then that means his name has been changed, and you can remove the code from your JoinGame sub.