Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scripted NPC

YunO

To have him stay stopped, you just surround the NPC with "Npc-avoid" attributes.

To have him execute the script, you use the ScriptedNpc sub in the Main.txt; for more information, I'd recomend consulting the Scripting boards, moreso the http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,10036.0.html tutorial.

you mean like face in 1 direction?

sadly thats not really do-able, but what you can do to get teh same effect, make all frames on that NPC face the same direction.

thats what i do, and when you want to let it stay still, set its behaviour to shopkeeper or whatever its called :)

Damian666

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. (Wtf! Twice in one day)

And use the http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,8502.0.html topic for commands to put in your sub once you've learnt how :)

@[ToD:

> YunO - oh shit! link=topic=49012.msg507801#msg507801 date=1248727081]
> I can't put shopkeeper if I use scripted…

What I do (as well as everyone else), is surround the NPC with NPC-Avoid, and just add a new row in the Sprites.bmp, so the NPC is always facing one direction.

It may be possible doing it via scripting with the command, I think it's called "SetNpcDir", and have it in the OnMapLoad sub; have an If-Then check to see what NewMap is, and if NewMap has the NPC you want, just Call SetMapNpcDir(NewMap, NpcIndex, Direction)

May work.