Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Screen size

BeNjO

Ok so i see most of the games created with all versions of eclipse stick to a small 800x600 (i guess?) screen size, where as i prefer a larger screen size my self. Where should a serious game developer aim for? the full screen games look horrible in full screen as it just stretches.

I would have to say that the original screen size should definitely be available regardless because first of all, some people prefer windowed mode over fullscreen, and second of all, people with older hardware might need a smaller screen resolution.

But that's just my opinion, I honestly don't think it's that much of an issue in the first place.

Maybe i should of explained a bit more, Larger does not mean full screen just more of a wide screen view. Many people complain the gui takes over the screen and theres not much you can do about it apart from make the client bigger really.

learn to make real fullscreen mode I guess… I had my own modified version of eclipse (dx8) and I had real fullscreen
toggable in the options menu (no error when Ctrl+Alt+Delete, nothing, just fine fullscreen and it didn't stretch the images horribly…)

[EDIT] found the video I made showing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihX3ZTMWd2A&feature=player_detailpage#t=119

PS: Put fullscreen 720p  ^_^

Still, what i am saying is a larger client, not full screen, or a smaller client, think default or a wide screen version. What i did notice on your video it looked like it changed the users screen resolution?. I am not wanting to bash full screen that that is not an option here, larger client or default size.