Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One of my friend's Dad just died.

Hippoman789

Woke up today at 12:00 to my sister coming in crying.
One of my friend's (Hugh Bernhagen) dad had just died in a 4 wheeling accident.

Now this is just ducking great. Becuase just like 4 or 5 months ago thier daughter got ran over. And they're still trying to get a lawsuit for that.
:sad:

@HayateLigerZero:

> Maybe now they'll stay away from 4 wheeling. It's a tough world out there, people come, People go, People are born, People die. No point getting upset over it

yeah, now lets see what you would say if someone close to you died. if youre gonna act all "cool" and "manly" about it, then gtfo, youre not helping the situation.

@Chief:

> yeah, now lets see what you would say if someone close to you died. if youre gonna act all "cool" and "manly" about it, then gtfo, youre not helping the situation.

"Cool"?  "Manly"? On a Forum? Not really. More like being honest. I lost both of my parents at age 12\. Which is way worse then when you're 5 and don't remember them so well. I lost my brother too. And I'm not saying this for you to give me sympathy, Cause I don't want it. I CAN stand on my own. I've lost more people then you even know. I only bothered to reveal a small bit of my past So you realize I'm not a troll.

@HayateLigerZero:

> "Cool"?  "Manly"? On a Forum? Not really. More like being honest. I lost both of my parents at age 12\. Which is way worse then when you're 5 and don't remember them so well. I lost my brother too. And I'm not saying this for you to give me sympathy, Cause I don't want it. I CAN stand on my own. I've lost more people then you even know. I only bothered to reveal a small bit of my past So you realize I'm not a troll.

it still wasnt helping when your greaving, the last thing youw ant to hear is, meh, people die, life goes on… nooo, so shut your mouth and think before you click the little button.

@Chief:

> it still wasnt helping when your greaving, the last thing youw ant to hear is, meh, people die, life goes on… nooo, so shut your mouth and think before you click the little button.

It might help with grieving, you don't know.

I can't believe I had to delete half the posts in this thread. I'm getting so sick of this community. It's sad that a father has died, but death is a natural aspect of life (you can't have one without the other). And given we are strangers I can't feel any need to grieve, but I can only hope that those who must grieve can and will in the way proper for them.

Just like what anna said that it is sad that his friends father had died. Some think Grieving wont do much but be nice people I mean yes people die but when its someone close to you and you want to tell other just so maybe it will make you feel better than someone else cares.  But we do half to be dicks about this at all just say im sorry for your loss and I hope you will be better its that simple.

I've had a lot of family die over the last few years. As my Dad had me when he was in his 50's, pretty much my entire family is very old.

We've never seen it as a sad thing though. Whenever they pass away, they always set aside a few grand which we spend on having a party to celebrate their lives.

Open bars, bucking broncos, sumo wrestling suits, stuff like that. It allows the kids to have a good time and remember the fun they had with their family. I suppose it's just our way of 'grieving', but we've never been a family that likes dressing up in black and crying into handkerchiefs.

Eh, each person grieves in their own way, but I've never understood the whole 'Stand around keeping up appearances'.