Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So basically im trying to make a command

killerminx

Im trying to make a command custommenuspellanime i thought basically i could just copy a custom menu thing and plug the spell information in ther and it did not work

```
Sub CustomMenuanime(ByVal SpellNum As Long, ByVal picture_index As Long, ByVal Left As Long, ByVal top As Long)
    Dim packet As String

If alignment < 0 Or alignment > 2  Or picture_index < 0 Or player_index <= 0 Or player_index > MAX_PLAYERS Then
        Exit Sub
    End If

packet = "scriptspellanim" & SEP_CHAR & picture_index & SEP_CHAR & Left & SEP_CHAR & top & END_CHAR
    Call SendDataTo(player_index, packet)

End Sub
```
could anyone help me?

First thing you need to do is examine the code you have and pick out the variables:

> Dim packet As String
>
>     If alignment < 0 Or alignment > 2  Or picture_index < 0 Or player_index <= 0 Or player_index > MAX_PLAYERS Then
>         Exit Sub
>     End If
>
>     packet = "scriptspellanim" & SEP_CHAR & picture_index & SEP_CHAR & Left & SEP_CHAR & top & END_CHAR
>     Call SendDataTo(player_index, packet)

Every variable has to get its value from somewhere. That is, with this command, you'd need 6 sources for those variables.

The packet is dimmed within the source code, so that's 1\. That still leaves 5 variables. These 5, then, would be the parameters of your sub. However, I don't believe what you have done here will accomplish what you need. For example purposes, I will write the sub you'd use.

```
Sub custommenuanime(ByVal player_index As Long, ByVal picture_index As Long, ByVal Left As Long, ByVal top As Long, ByVal alignment as Long)
```
This would successfully execute what you've got. However, half of these parameters aren't really doing much. Brush up on some commands and add to this.

ok yea i really don't need the alignment all i really need is the anim,ation num and the coordinates so when i post it on a custom menu its where you want it, i don't think i need alignment or picture_index, but let me post the two commands im working with.

This is call custom menu picture
```
Sub CustomMenuPicture(ByVal player_index As Long, ByVal picture_index As Long, ByVal FileName As String, ByVal Left As Long, ByVal top As Long)
    Dim packet As String

If picture_index < 0 Or player_index <= 0 Or player_index > MAX_PLAYERS Then
        Exit Sub
    End If

packet = "loadpiccustommenu" & SEP_CHAR & picture_index & SEP_CHAR & FileName & SEP_CHAR & Left & SEP_CHAR & top & END_CHAR

End Sub
```
this is too call spellanim

```
Sub SpellAnim(ByVal SpellNum As Long, ByVal mapper As Long, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long)
    Call SendDataToMap(mapper, "scriptspellanim" & SEP_CHAR & SpellNum & SEP_CHAR & Spell(SpellNum).SpellAnim & SEP_CHAR & Spell(SpellNum).SpellTime & SEP_CHAR & Spell(SpellNum).SpellDone & SEP_CHAR & X & SEP_CHAR & Y & SEP_CHAR & Spell(SpellNum).Big & END_CHAR)
End Sub
```
So i tried to combine the 2

```
Sub CustomMenuanime(ByVal SpellNum As Long, ByVal Left As Long, ByVal top As Long)
    Dim packet As String

packet = "scriptspellanim" & SEP_CHAR Left & SEP_CHAR & top & END_CHAR

End Sub
```

Well, first of all, look at BltSpell (or something like that). That shows all the steps that a spell animation goes through. That'd be a good place to start. Then, take a look at how Custom Menus load the images in. You'd have to combine the two and add in a new object that will be used to display the animation on the menu.