Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Class Questions

jwindjackal

When players create their character, I want them to start out as one class like beginner, then after they complete their tutorial they can choose what their class is, by using the tile changer class thing. Also I want them to have many different character options for the same class

@jwindjackal:

> When players create their character, I want them to start out as one class like beginner, then after they complete their tutorial they can choose what their class is, by using the tile changer class thing. Also I want them to have many different character options for the same class

please explain a little more and i can help you i think

Well, i dont want people to be able to pick the class when they start, i want their only option to be like newbie or something. Then after they finish the tutorial i want them to be able to change to a better class like mage or whatever. Also I want you to have plent of sprite options for newbie.

@Dark-Blood-Priestess:

> Basically he is asking if there is a way that they can create a new character, but they don't pick the class until after they complete a tutorial of the game, and an explaination of all the classes…. he would have to change the source, and create a script for it too right?

It would be one or the other.
With scripting, it can be done with custom menus, probably.

@OP: Try making a topic in the Script Requests board, you may have some luck there.

@jwindjackal:

> Oh…Right then umm..How do I do that...like make it so they can only change to the class by landing on the tile rather then picking it at the start

ok first i would change your data.ini in your server folder. change the "locked" to 1 so every player thats starts is the same default class(i know you didnt want them to choose a class yet but this way is easier). then when they have finished your tutorials:
In ScriptedTile (In your Scripts\main.txt) Add:
```
If GetPlayerClass(Index) = 1 Then
Call SetPlayerClass(Index, ClassNum)
End If
```if you want them to chosse between multiple classes then let me know and i'll make custom menus e.t.c

@jwindjackal:

> Well, i dont want people to be able to pick the class when they start, i want their only option to be like newbie or something. Then after they finish the tutorial i want them to be able to change to a better class like mage or whatever. Also I want you to have plent of sprite options for newbie.

if you want plenty of sprite options for the newbie class the set Custom to 1 in data.ini and they can choose their head/body/legs for their sprite. im writing the script for changing into multiple classes now for you

ok done. so in data.ini in your server set Custom=1 and Classes=1(dunno if that will load all 3 classes though) then add this code to your main.txt in the subs i say:

In SciptedTile Add:
```
If GetPlayerClass(Index) = 1 Then
Call Prompt(Index, "Would you like class 1 or 2?, 1)
End If
Exit Sub
```
that will pop up a prompt asking which class they want and they type in the number of the class.

Change Sub QueryBox to:
```
Sub QueryBox(index, script)
Value = GetVar("responses.ini", "Responses", Cstr(index))

Select Case script
Case 0

Select Case Value
Case "1"
Call SetPlayerClass(Index, 1)
Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You are now" & GetplayerClass & "!", WHITE)

Case "2"
Call SetPlayerClass(Index, 2)
Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You are now" & GetplayerClass & "!", WHITE)

Case Else
Call PlayerMsg(index, "That is incorrect!", 12)

End Select

End Select

End Sub
```
think that should work.. if not let me know and i'll check it

@jwindjackal:

> Help!!! Okay after i set custom to 1 so people can gchange head legs body, thry only have fo r options, i have messed with it, but i would like for them to have more options!

You'll need to add more options, then. Either make or find some graphics and add them to your GFX file. There should be a file in there for heads, legs, and bodies.