Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PSP hacking

shadowwulf

Whatever you are planning to do, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE. DO. NOT. I REPEAT. DO NOT. If you are higher than 5.03 qua software and you have a PSP higher than PSP-1000 I can't help you. If you have 5.03 or lower, I shall continue on my quest to help you play lulzy PlayStation RPG's (which you ripped yourself or else it would be illegal) and the rest.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> I PMed you the link for the vid of what I am doing.
> I have a Fat 1001 series.

ChickHEN would be MUCH easier than that if you have 5.03 or below. But if you don't, Pandora would be perfect. Have fun and do ask me again if you want more help!

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> well really i just want nes/snes games.
> I only have a 32mb card so im prolly screwed until i buy a bigger one right?
>
> I was reading about chickHEN… ill double check on it.
>
> Point is... 32mb card... a can do or a cant do?

Definitely CAN do. ChickHEN is really small: just load a "pic" in the right folder with 5.03 Firmware and tadah! You can put an emulator on your PSP and play everything up to PSX games.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> but i only have a 32mb card. isnt everything save on the card? really limiting on space

ROMs and emulators are really small.

@Azkanan:

> You got a PSP? I'm getting the PSP Go, which is tonnes better, On october. :3

THE PSP GO HAS NO GAMES. SILLY PERSON.

@Azkanan:

> 1\. Roms can get up to 10GB.
> 2\. The PSP Go uses Internets Points to download games onto the PSP Go.

1\. I was talking about NES and SNES roms, which he wants to play. 2 MB at most, srsly.

2\. At the cost of
  - Losing the CD-drive
  - Having to wait a shitload of time for the releases, especially if you live in Europe, because they
    always get their games as last. Compare with Kingdom Hearts II and Elite Beat Agents (The two games
    wherefor I almost killed a jehoba's Nitwess.)
  - 100 GB memory? Srsly?

@The:

> 1\. I was talking about NES and SNES roms, which he wants to play. 2 MB at most, srsly.
>
> 2\. At the cost of
>   - Losing the CD-drive
>   - Having to wait a shitload of time for the releases, especially if you live in Europe, because they
>     always get their games as last. Compare with Kingdom Hearts II and Elite Beat Agents (The two games
>     wherefor I almost killed a jehoba's Nitwess.)
>   - 100 GB memory? Srsly?

1\. Orly.
2\. CD Drive is a bulky mudda dukka.
At least there will be releases on PSP Go, no more for PSP.
100GB, games might not be that big… Plus it plays music and shits D:.

@Azkanan:

> 1\. Orly.
> 2\. CD Drive is a bulky mudda dukka.
> At least there will be releases on PSP Go, no more for PSP.
> 100GB, games might not be that big… Plus it plays music and shits D:.

2\. -Subjective: some people like CD's more than downloads, I'm only pointing out the facts.
    - 100 GB isn't that much if you know that a movie = +- 0,7 G , MP3 = +- 0,01, ISO = +- 1,5 GB , CSO
        = +-  0,7 GB. Luckily the PSP Go does have a memory card reader. RIGHT?! RI~GHT!?

@The:

> 2\. -Subjective: some people like CD's more than downloads, I'm only pointing out the facts.
>     - 100 GB isn't that much if you know that a movie = +- 0,7 G , MP3 = +- 0,01, ISO = +- 1,5 GB , CSO
>         = +-  0,7 GB. Luckily the PSP Go does have a memory card reader. RIGHT?! RI~GHT!?

Movie; 1-2GB
PC Game; 1-7GB
MP3; 0.1-0.5GB

I bricked my PSP along time ago, before they were unbrickable and blew it up. But the real reason I am posting is to point out why the psp go is shit, Why in the fuck would you want to have to download your media ? On top of the fact you have to wait longer you no longer have a hard copy, so when your bored of w/e game you have you cant sell it to someone or trade it in because its digital. That's my key point.

@Rathearia:

> I bricked my PSP along time ago, before they were unbrickable and blew it up. But the real reason I am posting is to point out why the psp go is stercus, Why in the duck would you want to have to download your media ? On top of the fact you have to wait longer you no longer have a hard copy, so when your bored of w/e game you have you cant sell it to someone or trade it in because its digital. That's my key point.

Because rather than carrying around a Music Player, Game Machine and a Phone, I can just carry the PSP Go. Useful for those with very few pockets in their jeans. Ahem. :)