Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO

munro

http://pax.gamespot.com/video/6216995/star-wars-the-old-republic-pax-2009-live-presentation?tag=videos;img;2

Not sure if its been posted before, or how many of you even care. But its well worth the 40 minutes. And even if you dont have that time, skip to the gameplay parts. Its amazing, I'm looking forward to this game.

• 2 months later...
*kicks in door*

C'mon, thread! Don't die!

*clears throat*

I've been looking at some of the videos recently since I've been in a Star Warsy mood, and look forward to this. Not sure how much I'm looking forward, though. MMOs, in general, at least to me, get old pretty fast, but Bioware is awesome, and it seems they are making the game an RPG before an MMO. I love that it's fully voiced - a hell of a lot better than a little pop-up window giving you a quest or something. Looks like the world will be pretty immersive. I just hope it won't be a tedious grindfest. Bioware's not failed me in the past, though. :3

@Hippoman:

> What has Bioware made in the past?

Oh my.

Well, their team consists of members that have worked on nearly every good DnD of the past 10 years or so. They are formerly Black Isle, in part. Their work consists of all the Baldur's Gate games, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Jade Empire, and, most recently, Dragon Age. In short, these are games for REAL roleplaying, with choices and effects and realistic dialogs. They're taking that into the MMO world, which is exactly what these "RPGs" need.