Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some more Pixel Art tutorials..

ZoSo

wow not too bad.
What would be really awesome is a short series of tuts like a lesson plan.
Like Tutorial 1:Weapons
then you explain how to do step one and give like 3-5 examples.
Then move to the next step and give the same examples.
Then do a Tutorial 2:Trees

I would definarely sit down and make an honest effort at pixel art then.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> well yeah but you need an example project…
> In the end it needs to be about how to pixel... not how to make the object of the art :icon_meditation:
> :icon_meditation: Don't draw the spoon... there is no spoon... just pixels :icon_meditation:

I shouldnt need to show you how to draw… Im giving you techniques and thats all you need.

Thats like an art teacher taking the students hand and drawing the picture for them, you wont learn anything that way. Stop being lazy :P. There is 8 different steps on how to draw the outline, then colour then add shades and highlights.. i dont get what your asking after. This isint rocket science.

Ive made another tutorial for detailed stuff like Pallete.. Outlines, Hueshifting and alot more. Which is hidden somewhere at the tutorial section lol.

Edit : Anyway here's the tutorial on more detailed stuff.
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,28334.msg245376.html#msg245376

@ZoSo:

> I shouldnt need to show you how to draw… Im giving you techniques and thats all you need.
>
> Thats like an art teacher taking the students hand and drawing the picture for them, you wont learn anything that way. Stop being lazy :P. There is 8 different steps on how to draw the outline, then colour then add shades and highlights.. i dont get what your asking after. This isint rocket science.
>
> Ive made another tutorial for detailed stuff like Pallete.. Outlines, Hueshifting and alot more. Which is hidden somewhere at the tutorial section lol.
>
> Edit : Anyway here's the tutorial on more detailed stuff.
> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,28334.msg245376.html#msg245376

I dont see where the views are opposing.
I did explain that it should be about HOW and not WHAT to draw.
Just mentioned multiple examples help.

I could say "put the pen down and drag it in a straight line for 1 inch, then at 90 degress go another inch. repeat at the same angle and direction until you are back where you started"
But showing a picture of a square helps understand where you should have ended up.

This tut is pretty good. But I think its just the beginning. Take this lesson and now try and make a house. Seems like this would only be the first of a couple building blocks.