Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Roof + Blocks.

Ertzel

Ok so im trying to setup roofs in my game so that when u are outside it shows the roof, and it goes away when you walk inside…

So I used the roof Attribute that works, but it takes away all the blocks I have setup for my walls..

Is there a way so I can have the block and Roof Attribute on the same tile?

Why was this topic locked? Unlocked.

Anyway, it's been a bug since 2.7 I guess, that the Roof Block tile does not work; Neither does the Class Block tile – for NPCs. I think they still do properly block players though. I've informed this bug it is being worked on for the 2.8 re-release.

Also, make sure to have a proper ID name when you make a roof, and make sure they are consistant. RoofBlock tiles will use the last ID that a Roof tile was used with. If you do not put in an ID, even something like "blah" or "roof" and leave it blank -- "" -- then the roof block will just nullify the Fringe2 layers at that tile and nothing else.

Oh, the roof has to be Fringe2 layer.

@Tyr:

> He would have probably figured that out himself, and locked it himself to save us time : )

Not everybody is aware about the bug though, even though it's been there for some time now, and may have just assumed that the feature is permanently broken or never designed to work (like the built-in quest and skill systems).

@Anna:

> Not everybody is aware about the bug though, even though it's been there for some time now, and may have just assumed that the feature is permanently broken or never designed to work (like the built-in quest and skill systems).

Naw Tyr was right, I figured out that it was RIGHT below the roof Attribute lol, I never noticed that before. But the Roof/Block tile does work for me now that I found it lol.

But next question is there a way to put any other attributes under a normal roof one?

Like I want to make a bank, so I need the roof for the bank. But when I put the roof attribute and have all that setup, I can't add the Bank Tile now or else it takes the roof off of that tile >.<