Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In General, Data Editor

Diskmaster

Hi, I play RS and, I have no where else to turn to for this kind of advice, but, could you, possibly use a program called Quick memory editor to edit the RS Java memory (this is just in theory, but what would files the send packets to the server look like so I could, oh, I dunno, edit them b4 they send)
This would be the best place to start for this kind of question. (and where would I look in the Java memory, like a file or a string, for this packet-sender)

@Diskmaster:

> Because I like making things difficult (and I did not know you could packet sniff with a proxy)
> Where would I find a good packet sniffing proxy(wow, that sounded lame)

There are various ways to analyse the data sent and received.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Packet+Sniffer

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 1 month later...
by server Side I meant that it only displays data on client and allows input(movement, item use, chat, etc..) It doesn't allow repeats of things like lamps, because a lamp has to exist in the inventory slot you send a use signal to the server for or you would likely get tagged by the server as suspicious and have Jagex watching your a55

@Draothgorin:

> by server Side I meant that it only displays data on client and allows input(movement, item use, chat, etc..) It doesn't allow repeats of things like lamps, because a lamp has to exist in the inventory slot you send a use signal to the server for or you would likely get tagged by the server as suspicious and have Jagex watching your a55

It's the same concept. Of course there are checks on the server side for lamps. I lacked a good example. Any action that the client can do will be able to be altered. Whether or not that activity is checked depends on the activity. I'm sure you could get away with movement beyond the plane of vision, but not inventory alteration, or other 'stored' pieces of data. You might be able to alter your damage in combat. Who knows? Not sure what kind of protection JageX has, but it's not likely you'll achieve anything great through packet sniffing.