Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please rate and cmnt my first map.

Wermenetrekss

The crystals seem to kind of come out of no where, and in my opinion are overused here. But it's not too terrible, you've got the basics down at least. I'd like to see some more detail as well.

For your first map, I'd say 6/10\. But if you claimed to be pro, it'd be more like 2/10.
Just keep trying. :D

The crystals seem to kind of come out of no where, and in my opinion are overused here. But it's not too terrible, you've got the basics down at least. I'd like to see some more detail as well.

For your first map, I'd say 6/10\. But if you claimed to be pro, it'd be more like 2/10.
Just keep trying. :D

Ill give you a 5/10\. To many crystals in random spots(as pointed out before me). I personaly never liked the random ravine look but i guess since you dident over use its ok. You have a only 1 mapp error i can see. One of your stone protusions seems to stick off the cliff a bit, this making it look a bit out of place. If you go back and maby edit this a bit im sure it will look very good.

Ill give you a 5/10\. To many crystals in random spots(as pointed out before me). I personaly never liked the random ravine look but i guess since you dident over use its ok. You have a only 1 mapp error i can see. One of your stone protusions seems to stick off the cliff a bit, this making it look a bit out of place. If you go back and maby edit this a bit im sure it will look very good.

To say 6/10 for a first map is a bit too harsh.  That puts a LOT of first maps I've seen around a 2/10. 

You're doing pretty well for your first map.  And considering it's your first, it's around a 7 or 8/10.

Problems:

Crystals in the ravine.  People have mentioned those enough, but they are almost the complete opposite of the darkness that should be down there.

Everything is a bit square.  Put more corners/random parts in the cave walls so they don't look so unnatural. 

The details you're using here are a bit too repetitive.  If you can't find any details besides those to put in the cave, make a cave stream, or something of the sort.

You're using TOO MUCH detail in some spots. (This happens mostly with that dirt tile.)  They are just everywhere in the map, and giving a cluttered feel.

I actually think there is too many people posting there first map here, they should do a few maps then when they feel comfortable they should post here, if they want people to comment on there maps, just do it privatly on msn or ask your friends first, then fix it and then finally post it here for even more critic and comments.

Your map looks boring grey and everything is too square, a few of the small crystals is fine for the wall, you have too many and the big ones aren't really fitting.

I think the main problem here is that you are compensating for a lack of tiles with an abundance of the same tile. That's almost never a good idea (exceptions being forests and the like; trees of the same type to tend to grow near one another). The set you are using has only a few random details to add, so you took the crystals and smattered them everywhere. This gives a sloppy, almost random look to things. To compensate for the lack of tiles, my suggestion would be to use a different set. If there's only like 3 or 4 things to put in a map, the set offers you nothing of value. A good map should use roughly 100 tiles. If you can't find many tiles, then your map will either be bland, or overuse the tiles that are present.

So, my suggestion to you is to either find more things that fit in this set, or find something else that will work for what you have in mind.